How long to get a refund?

New2cruise1483

So I canceled a shore excursion that I booked with NCl a couple of weeks ago, but my refund still hasn't showed up on my credit card. I was told it would take 7-10 business days, but it has been closer to 11 or 12 now. I called them about it, but they said it was processed on the 9th. So I'm just wondering, how long has it taken others to receive a refund from NCL?

So I canceled a shore excursion that I booked with NCl a couple of weeks ago, but my refund still hasn't showed up on my credit card. I was told it would take 7-10 business days, but it has been closer to 11 or 12 now. I called them about it, but they said it was processed on the 9th. So I'm just wondering, how long has it taken others to receive a refund from NCL?

The CC company takes time as well. That 7 -10 day is the cruise lines time line. Your CC could take another 5 to 30 days .

I had to cancel an excursion and kept waiting for the refund. It turned out that NCL applied the refund toward my final payment. That was okay, but I would have liked to have been asked if I wished to do that.

I cancelled something last Thursday and the credit showed up on my card this morning. So it took 6 days for me.

Check with your credit card company on when they process refunds. As previous poster said the cc terms could be up to 30 days. There is a financial gain to the cc to hold refunds until after a statement billing cycle as the refund is only for the purchase amount not the interest rate on that purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am waiting for a refund from an online purchase

I called the online retailer and the credit was put thru on march 17

I called the bank and they said they see the credit on their system but I won't see it until after April 20 th

Ok I get it...... The credit card company has taken back the $79 from the online company for my return...but....now here is the real point.....they are not refunding that $79 for me until April 20

So.....who has use of the money?

The bank!

Please no comments about interest earned or not earned or its such a small amount it's no big deal....

Banks are not like us peon depositors....

They are holding my $79 from me fir a month....even though they have already taken it back from the online retailer.....

Multiply this scenario by thousands of refunds and you get the picture.....

It's the bank.... Not Ncl.....

That investing and earning on your refund at the moment

That's what banks do.... They hold your money and lend it out....

And they pay .05 to you but they lend it at .10 for example

Multiply this by zillions of bank customers and its mega bucks for the bank!!!!

That's what bank do!!! It's their business!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am waiting for a refund from an online purchase

I called the online retailer and the credit was put thru on march 17

I called the bank and they said they see the credit on their system but I won't see it until after April 20 th

Ok I get it...... The credit card company has taken back the $79 from the online company for my return...but....now here is the real point.....they are not refunding that $79 for me until April 20

So.....who has use of the money?

The bank!

Please no comments about interest earned or not earned or its such a small amount it's no big deal....

Banks are not like us peon depositors....

They are holding my $79 from me fir a month....even though they have already taken it back from the online retailer.....

Multiply this scenario by thousands of refunds and you get the picture.....

It's the bank.... Not Ncl.....

That investing and earning on your refund at the moment

That's what banks do.... They hold your money and lend it out....

And they pay .05 to you but they lend it at .10 for example

Multiply this by zillions of bank customers and its mega bucks for the bank!!!!

That's what bank do!!! It's their business!!!

Unless you have already paid your CC balance in full, your entire argument makes no sense. It is not your money until you have paid the bank, it is the bank's money. all it is to you is a paper transaction, and the worst consequence to you is that your available credit may be reduced.

Unless you have already paid your CC balance in full, your entire argument makes no sense. It is not your money until you have paid the bank, it is the bank's money. all it is to you is a paper transaction, and the worst consequence to you is that your available credit may be reduced.

I understand that but thanks for mentioning it anyway

The point is the reason the refund has not shown up yet is because the bank is using the money short term

Which is what banks do

I don't recall mentioning anything about paying the credit card balance btw as that is not the point