Questions on Summit from Cape Liberty

ischeer

We sailed on the Summit from Cape Liberty in Oct 2014, a few weeks before the new Terminal for Quantum of the Seas was opened. We are sailing on Summit again at the end of May to Bermuda. Her first sailing from Port Liberty will be on May 3. I wonder, does anyone have any information on the following:

Will Summit be using the new terminal building, or still be using the old terminal building and the shuttle bus to the ship ?

If using the new Terminal, will they use the new electronic, I-pad based/roaming representative boarding system that Quantum uses ? Or will it be the traditional desk check-in arrangement ?

We sailed on the Summit from Cape Liberty in Oct 2014, a few weeks before the new Terminal for Quantum of the Seas was opened. We are sailing on Summit again at the end of May to Bermuda. Her first sailing from Port Liberty will be on May 3. I wonder, does anyone have any information on the following:

Will Summit be using the new terminal building, or still be using the old terminal building and the shuttle bus to the ship ?

If using the new Terminal, will they use the new electronic, I-pad based/roaming representative boarding system that Quantum uses ? Or will it be the traditional desk check-in arrangement ?

They will be using the new terminal building - NO shuttle bus.

I don't know about the electronic boarding thing.

They will be using the new terminal building - NO shuttle bus.

I don't know about the electronic boarding thing.

I doubt they use the electronic boarding thing, as that is unique to Quantum, it's imbedded in the way Quantum (and soon, Anthem) works.

What I really want to know is what happened to the indoor parking garage that was going to be built. I have not heard any news about this and know it was not done by the time Quantum started sailing out of there.

Anne Maria

Still a long way off. They have not started any construction on it yet that we can see. Looks as if they have leveled an area next to the new terminal where it might go.

Still a long way off. They have not started any construction on it yet that we can see. Looks as if they have leveled an area next to the new terminal where it might go.

Why did I know when they announced it, it was going to be too good to be true. Covered, indoor parking at Cape Liberty. Oh well, guess we will still drive the "older" car to the to the port.

Thanks Joe.

Why did I know when they announced it, it was going to be too good to be true. Covered, indoor parking at Cape Liberty. Oh well, guess we will still drive the "older" car to the to the port.

Thanks Joe.

My understanding from the East Coast departures board is that construction on the garage will commence as soon as the weather breaks. I'm happy my daughter is driving me to the port. Cathy, you are aware of the construction at the exit, give yourself about 15 minutes extra from what I.ve read.

Edited by dkjretired

Thanks Joe.

I'm bringing my truck and hoping it gets some paint overspray from Bayonne Shipbuilding and Drydock at the corner of the pier like it did back in 2006. It could use a good detailing. :D

I'm bringing my truck and hoping it gets some paint overspray from Bayonne Shipbuilding and Drydock at the corner of the pier like it did back in 2006. It could use a good detailing. :D

Hi mike

When are u sailing from Bayonne?

We're going on the summit in October of 2016

Helaine

Hi mike

When are u sailing from Bayonne?

We're going on the summit in October of 2016

Helaine

We're on the 31 May 2015 sailing. We usually go once a year. I see you are on in October 2016 -- Doing New England and Canada I suppose -- should be a fun cruise.

Just an FYI, here's another traffic problem until end of May. An alternate to the Turnpike extension to Bayonne is the Pulaski skyway which is undergoing major repairs. The skyway will be closed week-ends until the end of May.

http://www.nj.com/traffic/index.ssf/2015/03/the_pulaski_skyway_is_closing_for_8_weeks_heres_what_you_need_to_know.html#incart_river

The over spray problem was going on for over 3 years? Our car got it in October 2009. It's really a shame, but the car did look good after all the detailing. Our car was only 4 years old though, so it should have looked good.

I think you were the one that helped me out by giving me Kevin Sullivan's name and phone number to contact.

is this on going , i am driving my new tacoma to port ???

New Bayonne Terminal is pretty much completed - my hubby had a tour of it a couple of weeks ago - and I believe it will be ready for the Summit trips out of there beginning in May. Looks really nice. Don't know about parking garage - didn't see one when I was there about a month ago. Also don't know about any overspray issues either.

It's seems there may be a few options other than parking at the pier.

Premiere Parking is one (and cheaper!). However there are some very negative reviews elsewhere on Cruise Critic. Does anyone have an experience with them?

The website claims they are a mile and a half from the terminal and have frequent (?) shuttles.

We used Premier Parking about 3 years ago. They were excellent and did have frequent shuttles. I appreciated the fact it was cheaper to park there.

We are cruising from Port Liberty and are looking for a reasonable place to park.Were is Premier Parking located? Thank you for the info

We are cruising from Port Liberty and are looking for a reasonable place to park.Were is Premier Parking located? Thank you for the info

Premier parking is a little over a mile away, in the vicinity of the shopping center on the next road up from the Port road.