Dedicated Shuttle to Horseshoe Bay Beach

cruise4family

To any cruisers who have experience with the relatively new dedicated shuttle to Horseshoe Bay Beach run by the West End Development Corp....

Is it easy to buy the round trip tickets? I think they are $16 r/t. Do they run often? Any information is appreciated. I will be in Bermuda in June. I realize that the $16 is more than buying public transportation bus tokens, but it is cheaper than an excursion and perhaps more convenient than the public buses. Anybody have experience using this shuttle service? Thank you.

I found this online. :)

Bermuda launches Horseshoe Bay shuttle for cruisers

The shuttle, sponsored by the West End Development Corp. and the Ministry of Tourism and Transit, is expected to take pressure off of the crowded public buses that cruise tourists have been using.

Priced at $16 roundtrip, the shuttles will leave the cruise pier from 8 a.m. to 3 pm daily. The last return bus leaves at 6 p.m.

The minibus shuttle will serve the King’s Wharf terminal, which is used by Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Dawn, Celebrity Summit and Royal Caribbean International’s Explorer of the Seas.

Edited by janetz

I found this online. :)

Bermuda launches Horseshoe Bay shuttle for cruisers

The shuttle, sponsored by the West End Development Corp. and the Ministry of Tourism and Transit, is expected to take pressure off of the crowded public buses that cruise tourists have been using.

Priced at $16 roundtrip, the shuttles will leave the cruise pier from 8 a.m. to 3 pm daily. The last return bus leaves at 6 p.m.

The minibus shuttle will serve the King’s Wharf terminal, which is used by Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Dawn, Celebrity Summit and Royal Caribbean International’s Explorer of the Seas.

That's last year's information (Obviously, because the Explorer of the Seas no longer sails to Bermuda). There have been no announcements to date about what service will be offered this year, at what price, and on what schedule. Since public bus and ferry fares are increasing on April 1, it's not inconceivable that they may also raise the price of the shuttle.

Note: FWIW there's also a factual inaccuracy in that piece. NCL ships dock at Heritage Wharf, not Kings Wharf...and for that matter it omits mention of the Grandeur of the Seas.

• 2 weeks later...

We took the shuttle last year and it was fine. Left from the shelter near the ship. The driver took his time during the loading...left us sitting there for 10 minutes. We had to wait after the beach for the van to come. There were lots of taxis at the beach. This year we are going to tale a taxi, since the cost is about the same.

I googled West End Development Corporation and there was a link for questions

I sent an email and within a day I received a email back saying yes the beach shuttle would run. The cost would be $16. R/T. Hopefully this helps

Will it take you to the end of the hill? My husband has a bad knee and the steep hill is not easy. I know there are the vans but would be nice if the shuttle dropped off at the entrance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Will it take you to the end of the hill? My husband has a bad knee and the steep hill is not easy. I know there are the vans but would be nice if the shuttle dropped off at the entrance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The shuttle should drop you off and pick you up at the bottom of the hill.

• 1 month later...

Do you reserve shuttle tickets ahead of time or first come first served? Also, how often do they run? For example, every half hour? How long does it take to get from Dockyard to Horseshoe?

Do you reserve shuttle tickets ahead of time or first come first served? Also, how often do they run? For example, every half hour? How long does it take to get from Dockyard to Horseshoe?

All the shuttles are privately own but sanctioned by the govt. So they vary in the number of passengers they can accommodate. The shuttles are all lined up by the main road just by the cruise ships. There will be drivers and a ticket agent (standing there) selling the tickets. You don't have to get back on the shuttle you arrive on. Once the shuttle is full, they will proceed.

Returning, there were shuttles there waiting to take us back. You will give them the ticket and once it is full, they will pull out. We did not wait very long going or returning. You do not have to walk the steep hill and it was a nice easy ride.