Cdns pre-buying OBC; Chanel spring lipsticks report back

macandlucy

We just finished our Silhouette cruise, and as promised, I am reporting back about a couple of things.

OBC Pre-purchase: I bought $500obc at a very favorable exchange rate, from celebrity before we went on our cruise. I used a different credit card to pay for it, than the one I registered for our onboard account. We had a little left over, thanks mainly to the awesome drink package and the super tight slot machines (no payback, ever, is a buzzkill!), so when we closed out our account we were paid back the balance in American dollars.

Chanel spring lipsticks. They did have a selection of Chanel lipsticks, and I asked if they were the spring line. The sales lady said she didn't really know, and they kind of got what they got, and are never sure if they are the spring line that department stores get or not.

Narcisso Rodríguez For Her - absolutely no love on that one. She said many people ask for it, but they carry not a single fragrance from NR. Overall a pretty skinny selection of perfumes I thought, so if you are planning to buy, airport duty free shops might be the way to go. In St Kitts and St Marten, the prices were maybe 10-15 dollars less than I have seen in Canada, but with the exchange rate, not a good deal.

Hi.

We are travelling on the Silhouette this fall with friends...can't wait:D

We are Canadian and are also planning to buy some OBC before we travel.

I've read here on cc that the answers you get from Celebrity may change depending on who you speak with when you call, so I'm hoping you won't mind clarifying based on your first-hand knowledge :)

• Was there a specific reason (benefit) to purchase your OBC using a different credit card than the one you registered your account with?
  • Were you given US cash back from the remaining pre-sail purchased OBC or was the US dollar refund converted to Canadian and then credited to your credit card?

Many thanks for your help and I hope you enjoyed your cruise.

I used a different card because I wanted to get cash back; had I used the same card I had registered on my sea pass card I believe, from what I have read here on CC, that I would have had the leftover amount credited back to my card.

When I bought the obc in advance, I paid the exchange (which was a very good rate), so there was no other exchange charged at the end of the cruise. Onboard charges are in US funds, and so I was returned what we had not spent in cash -- US dollars.

If I go on another Celebrity cruise, I will do the same thing again. It worked out really well for us.