Will this ever stop?

tvguy72

MIAMI -PRNewswire - NCL Operations Offices

Starting April 31st there will now be a 1.25% fee of your total pre tax cruise fare levied to your onboard account on a per day basis as a "dishwashing surcharge". This fee will help ensure that the dishwashing staff are properly motivated to keep all dishes, glassware and cutlery sparkling clean and sanitary throughout your cruise vacation. Should you choose to dine in one of our speciality restaurants the "dishwashing surcharge" will increase to 2.4% of your pre-tax cruise fare for that day due to the exclusive and elegant nature of our speciality dining venues. These surcharges are of course subject to a mandatory additional 18% service charge.

We hope these enhancements to your cruise vacation will help to create the once in a lifetime experience that NCL prides itself on! We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

MIAMI -PRNewswire - NCL Operations Offices

Starting April 31st there will now be a 1.25% fee of your total pre tax cruise fare levied to your onboard account on a per day basis as a "dishwashing surcharge". This fee will help ensure that the dishwashing staff are properly motivated to keep all dishes, glassware and cutlery sparkling clean and sanitary throughout your cruise vacation. Should you choose to dine in one of our speciality restaurants the "dishwashing surcharge" will increase to 2.4% of your pre-tax cruise fare for that day due to the exclusive and elegant nature of our speciality dining venues. These surcharges are of course subject to a mandatory additional 18% service charge.

We hope these enhancements to your cruise vacation will help to create the once in a lifetime experience that NCL prides itself on! We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

Actually I heard from a phone rep that would be starting June 31 and that additional dsc charges woul be implemented on September 31 and then again on November 31.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

UTP. A new program from NCLS

The Unlimited Toilet Program gives the cruiser the ability to have an unlimited use of toilets throughout the ship. *Note: should toilet usage time exceed 10 minutes, an additional fee will be applied.

And another innovation from Thehome of FreeStyle cruising.

Introducing TheHeaven. Heaven is a program for guests who desire a premium restroom experience. You may access special restroom areas by using your yellow and brown keycard. The suite affords the comfort of padded and heated toilet seats, a cleansing perineal shower with your choice of still or sparking water, and a warm dryer with a choice of scents such as lavender, old spice and new car. All the while you may choose from a variety of inspiring music such as Chatanooga Poo Poo, Full Moon Over Miami, or Spitting onthe Dock of the Bay.

:D

The Unlimited Toilet Program gives the cruiser the ability to have an unlimited use of toilets throughout the ship. *Note: should toilet usage time exceed 10 minutes, an additional fee will be applied.

Not to be a nit-picker, but you should be aware that the "U" in UTP does not stand for "unlimited," but rather "ultimate."

In fact, it's not "unlimited," because should you desire Quilted Northern Ultra Plush for your tush, you WILL have to pay extra for that.

Introducing TheHeaven. Heaven is a program for guests who desire a premium restroom experience. You may access special restroom areas by using your yellow and brown keycard. The suite affords the comfort of padded and heated toilet seats, a cleansing perineal shower with your choice of still or sparking water, and a warm dryer with a choice of scents such as lavender, old spice and new car. All the while you may choose from a variety of inspiring music such as Chatanooga Poo Poo, Full Moon Over Miami, or Spitting onthe Dock of the Bay.

Omg

Not to be a nit-picker, but you should be aware that the "U" in UTP does not stand for "unlimited," but rather "ultimate."

Actually I am aware that the other programs are Ultimate, but this unique program, unlike the ultimate programs, does indeed allow you unlimited toilet tissue, house brand only.

If you desire the ultimate experience with double ply, quilted tissue then it may be that The Heaven would be more to your liking.

Anyway, it's my ridiculous program, I can name it whatever I want :p

• 2 weeks later...

"For your added convenience, the DSC is now subject to an 18% gratuity. This is to reward the hard working staff who distribute the DSC and who will now be working even harder to ensure the speciality restaurant staff no longer receive their portion of the DSC. NCL is proud to acknowledge the hard work of these staff who hopefully will continue their good work at keeping the system as opaque as possible"

Please pick your response below...

"This is the last straw for me"/"This is a matter of principle"/"We are never sailing NCL again/We are not paying the DSC/"Is it higher for suite guests?/"this is double/triple/quadriple dipping......!

I think I am getting a headache!

And introducing the ULP--Ultimate Linen Package. Starting February 30, 2016, all beds in all cabins on NCL, exclusive of the Haven, will no longer have sheets, pillow cases or blankets. These items will carry a convenience fee of $7.95 each, or purchase a bundle pack of all 3 for $19.95 including one free pillow case. Both fees (per item or per package) are for use of these items for the entire length of your cruise. In addition, all cabins will come equipped with one pillow per passenger staying in said cabin, exclusive of the Haven. Extra pillows will carry a convenience charge of $7.95 each, for your use throughout the entire cruise. Laundering of items will carry an extra convenience charge of $7.95 per wash (for all items together).

Or you could purchase our ULP--Ultimate Linen Package--for just $7.95 per person per day, you could have unlimited linens, extra pillows, and your sheets will be changed at your request. This package must be purchased by all passengers staying in the cabin, for all days of your cruise. For example...for 2 passengers staying in the same cabin on a 7-night voyage, the total would be $111.13.

Please note that all of the above items, as well as the ULP, will incur an 18% gratuity.

;)

Edited by bangzoom6877

And introducing the ULP--Ultimate Linen Package. Starting February 30, 2016, all beds in all cabins on NCL, exclusive of the Haven, will no longer have sheets, pillow cases or blankets. These items will carry a convenience fee of $7.95 each, or purchase a bundle pack of all 3 for $19.95 including one free pillow case. Both fees (per item or per package) are for use of these items for the entire length of your cruise. In addition, all cabins will come equipped with one pillow per passenger staying in said cabin, exclusive of the Haven. Extra pillows will carry a convenience charge of $7.95 each, for your use throughout the entire cruise. Laundering of items will carry an extra convenience charge of $7.95 per wash (for all items together).

Or you could purchase our ULP--Ultimate Linen Package--for just $7.95 per person per day, you could have unlimited linens, extra pillows, and your sheets will be changed at your request. This package must be purchased by all passengers staying in the cabin, for all days of your cruise. For example...for 2 passengers staying in the same cabin on a 7-night voyage, the total would be $111.13.

Please note that all of the above items, as well as the ULP, will incur an 18% gratuity.

;)

That might not be bad! As long as they are clean and do not have Bed Bugs!

I have a hard time understanding this DSC thing....

Look at it from my view... The Crew gets PAID, free room and board to go on these wonderful cruise ships and see the world..

I, on the other hand, have to PAY, in full, for the experience before boarding these ships, and they want big bucks for all the extras...

Gotta admit, when I joined the Navy, they did pay me big bucks to sail the seas and see the world.. Never got any DSC for my experience thou...

Their duty on a cruise ship cannot be any worse than those tin-cans they stuck me on..

We did have better entertainment when the Captain decided to roll a few depth charges and fire the big guns but the food was nothing to brag about..

Having to pay for sheets on your bed? That would be pretty bad I think!

Why settle for half measures?

UBP = ultimate bed package (you get a bed) - an add on to the ULP - and - for a convenience charge of $7.95 per day you can have the UTIP (Ultimate Tucking In Package)

For an extra 18% you can include the UBSP (Ultimate Bedtime Story Package).

The exclusive ULP (Ultimate Lullaby Package) is only available for suite guests.

To FDR - I want a 10% suggestor's fee - actually let's make it 18%.:D

Edited by SteveH2508

Gosh for a bit there I thought UTP meant unlimited toilet paper package; otherwise its $1 a square without it :eek:

Edited by Philob

Well in my personal experience we made friends with Goolagong Bruta the supervisor of the knob polishers

This was in the days of old before the mega ships

What a nice guy. He of course is elderly now and retired back to his native country.

We send him "tip " money every year though just as a gift.

After hearing about how poorly they live I couldn't resist. It makes me feel good and that's all that matters

We were even able to get Goolies (as we call him) grandson a full scholarship to a top USA university as a foreign exchange student

The grandson if course remained here and is contributing to society

Glad to have helped

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you that is the nicest thing I have read all day. :)

In our ever vigilant safeguarding of our oceans, NCL is introducing Protecting Everyone's Waters Initiative (PEWI). The aim of PEWI is to reduce overall water usage and discharge. Water in our showers will be limited to cool, refreshing, and invigorating. Suite passengers will be offered a package of five gallons of hot water per person per day for 7.95 per unit. Haven guests, of course, will not be effected. We remind those who wish to have a warm water experience that the hot tubs and kiddie pool are available for your use.

The hotel director pinched my wallet:eek: - I was going to tip him after I gave the Cruise Director his cut, but instead when I walked by them, the Captain grabbed me to take a photo. That is when the bastard did it....:D

I've heard about voracious pickpockets, but this is beyond the pale -- right on the ship in broad daylight!!!:D:D:D

In our ever vigilant safeguarding of our oceans, NCL is introducing Protecting Everyone's Waters Initiative (PEWI). The aim of PEWI is to reduce overall water usage and discharge. Water in our showers will be limited to cool, refreshing, and invigorating. Suite passengers will be offered a package of five gallons of hot water per person per day for 7.95 per unit. Haven guests, of course, will not be effected. We remind those who wish to have a warm water experience that the hot tubs and kiddie pool are available for your use.

LMAO because the hot tubs and kiddie pool are only made up of 50% water. ;)