CC gathering on board

coiran

Ron... I've never done it but here's a suggestion. Email the CD on the ship and let him know about the group, the estimated number of people, what you want to do, etc. and ask him what he can do to help you. If you don't know who the CD is, I'd email the ship at starprincess@princesscruises.com (as an example) and put "Attn: Cruise Director" in the Subject.

On our Royal Princess 21-day cruise, we had a large CC group and had two luncheons that were set up in the dining room for us. Our 'leader,' Lorraine, arranged it with the Maitre D on sea days. He set aside tables just for us and we were the first allowed into the dining room for lunch.

I think a lot depends on the ship and the cruise director. Someone from our roll call on the Sea Princess has emailed the CD with such a request. Never did receive an answer. But it is worth a try. If all else fails, just set up a place for the meet before you leave and then try to get them to have a bar tender at your disposal for the meet.

Hi

I tried emailing the CB for the attention of CD. I included full details of our sailing, stateroom number etc so he could, if he was so inclined, get in touch on board. I got no reply to email and no contact on board. I attempted a meet at a bar and one guy turned up.:(

I sent an e-mail to the ship and put "CC gathering" in the Subject line. The body of the message was short, with sailing number, my request, my name and phone number. Someone from Princess in California called me and said the request had been forwarded to her. She set the whole thing up and I had confirmation in my cabin when I arrived.

I've also read on these boards that TA's have been successful in setting it up with Princess for you.

All Princess does is provide "bar snacks" for you. It is a cash bar. So really if you decide where to meet and when, you can post it on your roll call and just meet ;)

Does anyone know how you go about having Princess host a cash bar CC gathering once on board the ship??

Ron

Ron email me and I will attach what we sent off to Princess. We are waaaay too early, but did receive a response. This was for The Golden.

Adele

Ron,

About 45 days before the cruise-not earlier--you can contact Guest Services. They need to know the number of people, and if you will want a bartender and/or food. It is better if you have a full list of all the folks on board that are expected, so they know it is a legitimate request. There may be more than one person handling this sort of thing for all ships, but this is the contact info used for the Golden:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=155000&page=9 read post # 224.

Archived