Enchantment Chartered 9/14/15?

I've read about this happening to others! I just went in to do a mock booking on our 9/14 four-day cruise on Enchantment and is suddenly shows all cabins sold out. Has the ship been chartered less than five months out? If this has happened to you, how long before RCCL let you know? What are they likely to offer? We are not very flexible on dates and I'd like to know as soon as possible.

I am also booked for the same cruise. I check almost daily for price drops and when I was on-line last week there were no cabins available in any category. I called RC and they said that the ship was just sold out. I found that to be very strange since the day before there were a lot of cabins available.

Edited by 1oldpirateandhismatey

Yes happened to us, Oasis for March 2016 got fully chartered.

We waited around two weeks before RC contacted us with alternatives.

Our sailing was showing as N/A on RC website for a while

You will get the run around if you call them, they will not know anything, only revenue department will know the details

Luckily we took Allure a day after our original sailing

$400 OBC and price protected on original booking.

Key is to wait until they contact you

We made sure everyone on our roll call were updated right up until Day of receiving email with our options.

Hope this helps.

Edit: $400 OBC was for being in a suite

Edited by PompeySailor

Yes happened to us, Oasis for March 2016 got fully chartered.

We waited around two weeks before RC contacted us with alternatives.

Our sailing was showing as N/A on RC website for a while

You will get the run around if you call them, they will not know anything, only revenue department will know the details

Luckily we took Allure a day after our original sailing

$400 OBC and price protected on original booking.

Key is to wait until they contact you

We made sure everyone on our roll call were updated right up until Day of receiving email with our options.

Hope this helps.

Edit: $400 OBC was for being in a suite

Fortunately for you, with Allure/Oasis, you only had to change your plans by one day. To stay on Enchantment, we'l have to move our trip by a week one way or the other. I hope they contact us soon. If they've already chartered the ship, why won't they tell anyone?

Fortunately for you, with Allure/Oasis, you only had to change your plans by one day. To stay on Enchantment, we'l have to move our trip by a week one way or the other. I hope they contact us soon. If they've already chartered the ship, why won't they tell anyone?

Agreed we were fortunate, but I do feel your stress as we have experienced it.

We only found out ours was a full charter way after we got the email for alternatives.

It is a waiting game, like I said we had to wait at least 2 weeks before anything was confirmed that our sailing actually had been fully chartered.

Found out 6 months later our original 7 day was now a 5 day charter!!!

Hope all works out for you

If it were not for CC, and the advice we got here we would of canceled ourselves.

Thanks to Ken, we held out and it all worked out., hoping the same for you guys.

Please don't shoot me, just the messenger:) who has experienced what you are experiencing.:cool:

Agreed we were fortunate, but I do feel your stress as we have experienced it.

We only found out ours was a full charter way after we got the email for alternatives.

It is a waiting game, like I said we had to wait at least 2 weeks before anything was confirmed that our sailing actually had been fully chartered.

Found out 6 months later our original 7 day was now a 5 day charter!!!

Hope all works out for you

If it were not for CC, and the advice we got here we would of canceled ourselves.

Thanks to Ken, we held out and it all worked out., hoping the same for you guys.

Please don't shoot me, just the messenger:) who has experienced what you are experiencing.:cool:

Thanks - I really appreciate the information - sorry it didn't come across that way! I'm just frustrated - trying to arrange schedules in my head....

There are cabins available on other travel sites as well. I hope this is an RCCL computer glitch and not a problem that the other sites are not aware of yet!

Since I wrote this, all travel sites are showing that the cruise is unavailable. Not a good sign! I guess there's nothing to do but wait.

It is chartered....:(

They are offering price protection for 8 other EN sailings..... Select Enchantment of the Seas Sailings

September 7, 2015

September 21, 2015

September 28, 2015

October 5, 2015

October 12, 2015

October 19, 2015

October 26, 2015

November 2, 2015

plus $100 OBC per cabin($200 for JS and above) if you rebook on any RCCL cruise....and $150 pp towards any air fare change fees......

Changes have to done by April 20th......of course,you can cancel....

Sorry you all have to go thru this.........In fact,happened to me a few years back too:(

It is chartered....:(

They are offering price protection for 8 other EN sailings..... Select Enchantment of the Seas Sailings

September 7, 2015

September 21, 2015

September 28, 2015

October 5, 2015

October 12, 2015

October 19, 2015

October 26, 2015

November 2, 2015

plus $100 OBC per cabin($200 for JS and above) if you rebook on any RCCL cruise....and $150 pp towards any air fare change fees......

Changes have to done by April 20th......of course,you can cancel....

Sorry you all have to go thru this.........In fact,happened to me a few years back too:(

Kathy - Where did you get the information above? We're you contacted by RCCL? No one on our roll call has been notified.

Anne

Kathy - Where did you get the information above? We're you contacted by RCCL? No one on our roll call has been notified.

Anne

I'm a travel agent and got an email from RCCL(I have clients on that sailing)

I'm a travel agent and got an email from RCCL(I have clients on that sailing)

Thanks, Kathy. Do you have any idea when those of us who booked directly might be notified?

Also, do you think this is fair compensation for a cruise that is only five months away? All the other charter references I've see on these Boards have been a year out or more....

Anne

Have you heard anything about March 4, 2016 Anthem? Showing sold out and some people are being told it is a charter.
No,but then again,they would notify me directly if I had clients on it and I don't.

Thanks, Kathy. Do you have any idea when those of us who booked directly might be notified?

Also, do you think this is fair compensation for a cruise that is only five months away? All the other charter references I've see on these Boards have been a year out or more....

Anne

You would think ,if you call,they could tell you.............the redeployment desk # is 888-281-9344

I think it is sorta fair since the 4 night EN is not all that expensive,but I feel for you.........like others,you might have other expenses you won't be able to recoup..in that respect,no,it's not fair...

I know of someone getting married in Virginia on 9/13 and scheduled to fly down that evening to board the enchantment for their honeymoon cruise the next day 9/14 so this will really screw them over, Simply Bad Biz RCI. :(

I know of someone getting married in Virginia on 9/13 and scheduled to fly down that evening to board the enchantment for their honeymoon cruise the next day 9/14 so this will really screw them over, Simply Bad Biz RCI. :(

Hope it's not someone's wedding cruise.

Same thing for my clients..it was supposed to be their honeymoon cruise.:(