For RCCL & Disney, will Carnival Vista be Game Changing??

I am very impressed with my review of the Carnival website and its Carnival Vista presentation. For RLLC & Disney fans, this ship may prove to be a game changer: as many of us (whom often pay much higher pricing) will be tempted to try this new budget friendly ship.

It looks as though we are entering a time of the "Classy Carnival" as the line strives to improve itself, from inside and out. It is hard for me, to put into words, how impressed I am of this amazing vessel!

Based on what I have reviewed online, I have a few questions for comment, by Royal & Disney fans; based on the list below.

To start off with, the Dining and activities being offered do seem amazing: I hope all goes as well, as projected!!

The New Havana rooms are impressive with their own semiprivate Club & pool. The suites with their hammocks and the special decorating used, look really great.

The family Harbor staterooms seem inspired (perhaps a recreation, for Disney guests) of Disney's Boardwalk, and Disney's Yacht & Beach Club. The special benefits included, such as a Family VIP Lounge and "free children's meals, with specialty dining", is a great, money saving concept!

My prediction is that the Carnival Vista will be a serious potential threat to both Disney (all ships in the line) and Royal's full fleet, including Quantum/Oasis/Freedom/Navigator class vessels!!

SO my question is, would you consider the Vista, if the price was lower or the same offered by Disney or Royal? What are your thoughts on the new product being offered?

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships...val-vista.aspx

There are several areas where Carnival, is seriously stepping up their game and may give Royal C&R members pause:

1. The New Havana State rooms/suites with a hammock & special private pool and indoor/outdoor VIP Club Lounge.

2. Family Harbor stateroom/suites that are nautically decorated, with a Private VIP Family Lounge, Plus "kids eat free in specially Dining".

3. Spa level stateroom/suites, which include full spa facilities.

4. Fantastic sounding dining options, which Specialty Dining sound much better than Royal's current offering.

5. Traditional dining is kept on, with NO mention of any Dynamic intensions!!

6. Wonderful outdoor spaces with a full hanging obstacle course.

7. Very attractive main lobby with a more Latin traditional feel.

I could go on, but the ship looks real special; this coming from someone who was not into Carnival, but I need to give credit, where credit is due!!

Not being a Carnival fan, I actually was really shocked when I looked at the video for the Vista. The tamed-down decor, outdoor dining venues, and the Havana rooms with lanais looked fantastic. The Havana rooms with exclusive pool and decor were an amazing idea.

Time will tell if the plans come to fruition in real life, but from a draft perspective, the ship looks fantastic. Depending on how she looks in actuality, it could very well make me try the ship.

I agree, the ship looks really amazing... But I can't say that it will make me give Carnival another chance. We've tried Carnival once and it just didn't compare to our Royal cruises at all. When we can only cruise about once a year, I want them to be as perfect as possible!:p And plus, I don't need all sorts of bells and whistles on my cruises... So no, the Vista will most likely not tempt me to try Carnival again.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I am very impressed with my review of the Carnival website and its Carnival Vista presentation. For RLLC & Disney fans, this ship may prove to be a game changer: as many of us (whom often pay much higher pricing) will be tempted to try this new budget friendly ship.

It looks as though we are entering a time of the "Classy Carnival" as the line strives to improve itself, from inside and out. It is hard for me, to put into words, how impressed I am of this amazing vessel!

Based on what I have reviewed online, I have a few questions for comment, by Royal & Disney fans; based on the list below.

To start off with, the Dining and activities being offered do seem amazing: I hope all goes as well, as projected!!

The New Havana rooms are impressive with their own semiprivate Club & pool. The suites with their hammocks and the special decorating used, look really great.

The family Harbor staterooms seem inspired (perhaps a recreation, for Disney guests) of Disney's Boardwalk, and Disney's Yacht & Beach Club. The special benefits included, such as a Family VIP Lounge and "free children's meals, with specialty dining", is a great, money saving concept!

My prediction is that the Carnival Vista will be a serious potential threat to both Disney (all ships in the line) and Royal's full fleet, including Quantum/Oasis/Freedom/Navigator class vessels!!

SO my question is, would you consider the Vista, if the price was lower or the same offered by Disney or Royal? What are your thoughts on the new product being offered?

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships...val-vista.aspx

There are several areas where Carnival, is seriously stepping up their game and may give Royal C&R members pause:

1. The New Havana State rooms/suites with a hammock & special private pool and indoor/outdoor VIP Club Lounge.

2. Family Harbor stateroom/suites that are nautically decorated, with a Private VIP Family Lounge, Plus "kids eat free in specially Dining".

3. Spa level stateroom/suites, which include full spa facilities.

4. Fantastic sounding dining options, which Specialty Dining sound much better than Royal's current offering.

5. Traditional dining is kept on, with NO mention of any Dynamic intensions!!

6. Wonderful outdoor spaces with a full hanging obstacle course.

7. Very attractive main lobby with a more Latin traditional feel.

I could go on, but the ship looks real special; this coming from someone who was not into Carnival, but I need to give credit, where credit is due!!

Being Diamond Plus, I've sailed many times. Did Carnival twice ~ 1st time was to the Caribbean back in the mid 80's. Shows were great, like the ship (back in the day), but the clientele did lack class. Many years later I game them a try again to Alaska and that was a welcoming change. I think b/c party people are not going to Alaska. Had a great time. However, I do still hear about the crowd that they draw. I have to say that RCCL is drawing some of the same now too so, I guess it has to do with time of sailing, where you are sailing, and length of cruise. I am impressed with Carinval's new ship and the layout. Looks very inviting and now with RCCL pricing going up almost 40% with drinks, and the perks given haven't changed much for being enticed, I am tempted to give Carnival's new ship a try. Heck why not? :)

The Family Harbor staterooms and the overall look of the ship are enough to have DH & I actually considering trying Carnival. I will need to wait until after the ship sets sail to find out more about the overall atmosphere of the ship to know whether it may be a good fit for us, but it is heading in the right direction.

I am glad even Carnival seem to be raising their standards a little. Carnival Corp. have a lot happening across their 9 lines.

I would not consider a Carnival cruise though.

I think their new mega ships for Costa and Princess will actually take on RCI and Disney even more though.

I am actually most excited about the new MSC Sunshine that will be based in Miami from November 2017.

http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7473951-msc-cruises-seaside-class-ship/

DW showed me the video, and we both agreed we could see ourselves giving the Vista a shot!

With a nice itinerary and suite perks, who knows, nice to have other options

Looks like CCL are upping their game, or target market.

I know some Pom Poms won't even consider, but it sure does look impressive.:eek:

I was tempted away from both DCL and RCL and signed up for one of Vistas European itineraries. I always thought I would never book carnival but the price was too good. I have found it to be a liberating experience in that I am now looking at other cruise lines I never considered before. Just booked a short P&O cruise sailing in 12 weeks and let my hold on a summer 2016 Disney cruise run out without paying the deposit. Only Harmony is tempting me at the moment if a short cruise opens up in May 2016.

Edited by JB77

I would sail on that ship for sure. We really enjoy the deck 2 Cove balconies on Dream class ships, and it looks like the Vista will have them as well.

Competition is a good thing, and I don't see it hurting any of the other lines.

My only problem is not enough time (or money) to do more than 1 or 2 cruises each year! Someday. :rolleyes:

I agree - Carnival is finally moving in the right direction. The older ship have interior designs that were too flashy IMO. The Breeze and Sunshine rehab have toned down designs. I love the food/bar options and casual feel.....but:

1) The entertainment on Breeze is no where near the level of Oasis Class. The Vista doesn't appear to offer anything unique

2) The Breeze pool space is way overcrowded which can feel like spring break. But the outside rooms are much larger than RC (225 sq ft or more).

3) RC ships use curve surfaces everywhere around the ships (pools, hot tubs, stairs,,,,etc). Carnival ships have a choppy more industrial feel.

At the price per room and itinerary offered it is worth comparing. I will be jumping on board with my expectations low - hopefully I be surprised.

Wow. Very impressive. Our favorite part of the ships are the pool decks since we spend most of our time there and those look fantastic.

That MSC Seaside project is shown in more detail in a video mid-way down this page along with more details about that future Miami based ship.

http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7473951-msc-cruises-seaside-class-ship/

I really wonder how the specialty dining is, I never got to try it, because the Carnival Victory did not offer it: yet this ship seems to have MANY different options. Best of all, I am surprised how many are included in the base fare.