For RCCL & Disney, will Carnival Vista be Game Changing??

We sailed Destiny before they added all those cabins and it was the most crowded ship of any line we've sailed to date. I can't imagine what it's like now. 8000 passengers on Oasis? Exaggerate much? I was looking forward to Vista but now that Dave pointed out size and capacity, I'm not so sure. We'll have to wait for some reviews.

Well MR/MS negative, the thread on today's 1st page says 'Oasis sets record', and in the thread the guy on the ship says 8490 total.

Their words not mine!:eek:

Edited by American Bear

You're right, it says 8490, even worse!:eek:

Yes. The fact that Oasis can handle 8490 passengers and CREW so well, just shows how amazing the Oasis Class design is.

I have only sailed with Oasis 3 times and have always been amazed at how the ship never feels crowded.

Yes. The fact that Oasis can handle 8490 passengers and CREW so well, just shows how amazing the Oasis Class design is.

I have only sailed with Oasis 3 times and have always been amazed at how the ship never feels crowded.

We'd disagree, we thought the ship was crowded without any record.

But these ships are popular as the record attests.

Yes, I agree. Carnival is finally moving in the right direction. We are planning to sail on Carnival Vista, but....

What about entertainment??? Any new shows?

We cruise once or twice a year, and we are moving more and more towards Celebrity and the reason is entertainment. We have see the same shows so many times, it makes us laugh each time we are seeing in the theater and it starts. We look at each other and say "we have seen this before!!" Any entertainment change would be good for us!

I am glad even Carnival seem to be raising their standards a little. Carnival Corp. have a lot happening across their 9 lines.

I would not consider a Carnival cruise though.

I think their new mega ships for Costa and Princess will actually take on RCI and Disney even more though.

I am actually most excited about the new MSC Sunshine that will be based in Miami from November 2017.

http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7473951-msc-cruises-seaside-class-ship/

Yes, this new MSC class looks terrific! However, I will be considering this new Carnival Vista, as I get tired of the same RCI ports..also, putting a SECOND Quantum ship in China really turned me off..I wanna try the Quantum ships , but I will not sail out of NY..

Well MR/MS negative, the thread on today's 1st page says 'Oasis sets record', and in the thread the guy on the ship says 8490 total.

Passengers and crew!!! Read much? :rolleyes: As for Mr. Negative, pot calling kettle I think. Don't get me wrong, I'm still intrigued by Vista but a little more skeptical given it's smaller than Voyager Class and carries more passengers.

Yes, this new MSC class looks terrific! However, I will be considering this new Carnival Vista, as I get tired of the same RCI ports..also, putting a SECOND Quantum ship in China really turned me off..I wanna try the Quantum ships , but I will not sail out of NY..

Well, none of them will ever win being everything for everyone. I would certainly sail with Carnival Corp's Princess, HAL or Costa, but will never consider another Carnival branded ship.

I was really happy to try the Quantum on the TA, but I would not be so enthused to sail again on that class. I would maybe consider that class again if they put it on the southern Caribbean routes Navigator will do from Miami or on Panama Canal sailings in the future when the new locks are operating.

I agree 100%. Putting the new ships in China also put me off a little, and like you, I will never sail out of NY again.

Why is it so hard to admit you were wrong? :confused: You said passengers before you edited your post. Space to passenger ratio does not include crew. Just admit you made a mistake.

I agree 100%. Putting the new ships in China also put me off a little, and like you, I will never sail out of NY again.

Why is it so hard to admit you were wrong? :confused: You said passengers before you edited your post. Space to passenger ratio does not include crew. Just admit you made a mistake.

Because I don't answer to you!

I left out 'and passengers' and like many other rude people in the forums, that's all you focused on!

The point was, and still is the passenger ratio went down 'about' 20% that week, and that's crowded in our opinion.

Edited by American Bear

The point was, and still is the passenger ratio went down 'about' 20% that week, and that's crowded in our opinion.

No, it did not. Oasis has been sailing with over 6000 passengers on a regular basis since she was built. The passenger # did not go up 20%. What is it about this you are not understanding? :confused:

Not being a Carnival fan, I actually was really shocked when I looked at the video for the Vista. The tamed-down decor, outdoor dining venues, and the Havana rooms with lanais looked fantastic. The Havana rooms with exclusive pool and decor were an amazing idea.

Time will tell if the plans come to fruition in real life, but from a draft perspective, the ship looks fantastic. Depending on how she looks in actuality, it could very well make me try the ship.

I agree. I took a look a few weeks ago and it looks like a beautiful ship. Might have to give it a shot.

I really wonder how the specialty dining is, I never got to try it, because the Carnival Victory did not offer it: yet this ship seems to have MANY different options. Best of all, I am surprised how many are included in the base fare.

I can tell you the food was really good at the steakhouse on the Dream. It was a lot better than at Chops on the Freedom of the Seas.

Pretty cool looking ship, not sure about the cabana's...having people walking by. At least that's how it looks, I could be wrong. But I'd try it out.

Looked at the new cabins, and the private area, really this does nothing for me. Love the CL on Oasis/Allure, I see nothing in the Carnival offering to compare with that. The new staterooms are nice, but no way do they have the Wow factor of Crown Lofts, Aquatheatre suites, etc. (but, they probably don't have that price point, either).

Looked at the new cabins, and the private area, really this does nothing for me. Love the CL on Oasis/Allure, I see nothing in the Carnival offering to compare with that. The new staterooms are nice, but no way do they have the Wow factor of Crown Lofts, Aquatheatre suites, etc. (but, they probably don't have that price point, either).

You are talking about vastly different price points...

I can tell you the food was really good at the steakhouse on the Dream. It was a lot better than at Chops on the Freedom of the Seas.

That, I will definitely agree with. Steakhouse is pretty good while Chops seems to be on the decline, especially with how they recently limited their menu.

Nope. You're still wrong. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Carnival released a Video of Vista today. They have certainly improved their marketing and ship design.

It is interesting that RCI announced 4 mid-sized ad agencies are vying to take over their account with all this happening in the cruise market.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/sassy-video-gives-a-whirlwind-tour-of-carnival-vista—narrated-by-the-ship-itself.html?nspPage=1