Image for Owner's Suite (not a photo)

algaes

Found this on Viking's Explorer Suite drill down. Not sure if this is sketch of actual space on Star or a concept sketch.

Appears to be one bedroom not particularly oversized, three bathrooms, a very large conference/dining table. There is a veranda/balcony space directly off the master bath which seems segregated from the main veranda space. A main entry and possibly a second entry by the large table. I wonder if there is a partition system to isolate that part of the suite.

fwircy.jpg

Wow, nice veranda! The only thing I'm not a big fan of is the board room. I can't imagine mixing work with Viking pleasure. The Owners Suite is aimed at the CEO crowd. If work paid for my cruise, just don't expect a lot of actual 'work' to get done.

With that conference-sized table in there, it looks like a true owner's suite, not just one you call the owner's suite and sell to anyone who'll book it!

I forget - is there an actual owner's suite on Star that can be booked?

Pulled out my May 2013 Oceans brochure and the Owner's Suite was listed at $60,299 per passenger for the 50 day Viking Empire cruise ($2412 per day at double occupancy), nearly double the Explorer Suite 1 category.

Don't imagine you would plan on $14/day/person tips if you occupy that suite :) But maybe you would bring your own attendants.

Will be interesting to see if a family member or members of the Hagen family will be in the Owner's Suite during all or part of the cruise. I could see them on the ship for the Bergen stay and events.

Saw a PR mention from Viking that the Mayor of Bergen (the ship's godmother) invited 20,000 people to the ship's christening ceremony. Might be crowded up on the weather deck!

Someone from The Birthday Celebration going to slip an invite under the door?

Edited by algaes

Thanks for the fun chatter! I do know this.....owners suite isn't going to happen for DH and me in this lifetime.....I bet it is over the top! Conference table does seem a bit out of place tho.

Speaking of the christening....has anyone heard any further the details planned for that day since the initial announcement? There is the parade, the actual christening, some sort of special dinner.....but I haven't seen any type of itinerary for the day. Might not be out yet but just wondering if anyone with documents for April 11th sailing received any further info.

And the invite to the birthday bash.....if that happened, I could imagine the level of wine pourings might be of a different category!! 😂. Regardless - That is going to be a very fun evening.....

PopsA - When I check about the "Private Dining Room" I could also see if this suite was available. If the Hagen family in only going to occupy it for the Christening in Bergen, it might be available for May 8? Wouldn't that be a hot?

Where are the smelling salts? You are a great idea machine Elizabeth. Perhaps you should be running marketing for Viking.

When we were looking for a cancellation on the Star in January for any of this summer's "Viking Homelands" itineraries, we were offered an Owner's Suite. At that time it was $56,000 for the two of us for the 15-day cruise. We passed.:rolleyes:

PopsA - I don't know about Marketing (they do have slick TV commercials), but their Customer Communications department sure needs some help! Probably any of us could do a better job there. Can't believe they haven't updated their website with REAL pictures of the ship and are still just showing 'artist's renderings'. What a missed opportunity. And no real pics on their Facebook page either.

PopsA - When I check about the "Private Dining Room" I could also see if this suite was available. If the Hagen family in only going to occupy it for the Christening in Bergen, it might be available for May 8? Wouldn't that be a hot?

Elizabeth, sounds like you might be on your way to a new career as a party planner;)