Diamond Members

Can anyone please tell me how much free time Diamond members are allowed on the internet.

Also Will I have any problem with connecting my Samsung Android tablet as it is smaller than my Apple iPad and easy to carry. We are on the Quantum in May for 16 nights.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last week I used the ships computers in the card room. They were very fast for cruise ship internet. Be sure to log off as soon as you are finished to save your mins. Also was able to use Diamond drink coupons in the dining rooms.

Edited by macrc

Last week I used the ships computers in the card room. They were very fast for cruise ship internet. Be sure to log off as soon as you are finished to save your mins. Also was able to use Diamond drink coupons in the dining rooms.

Oh, I thought you could not use the Diamond Drink coupons in the dining room (nice to know that you can)...

Oh, I thought you could not use the Diamond Drink coupons in the dining room (nice to know that you can)...

I've not been able to use drink vouchers in the dining rooms on Navigator, Enchantment, Explorer, Adventure, or Liberty.

Also Will I have any problem with connecting my Samsung Android tablet as it is smaller than my Apple iPad and easy to carry. We are on the Quantum in May for 16 nights.

FWIW, I used my Galaxy S4 on Quantum. The free hour lasted the entire 12 days. (I was only interested in occasional access)

I would queue up my email and/or Facebook posts before I connected to the wireless. Then, I would connect, sync, and disconnect. I did this once, sometimes twice per day. The internet is really fast on Quantum, and that has the effect of making your free minutes last longer.

BTW - Those computers in the library are totally insecure. (IMHO) If you do have to use them, make certain you log off AND close Safari. We watched one woman laughing as she used up the remaining time of somebody who logged out, while her husband checked the other computers to see if he could get some free time as well. They also don't erase the cache or history which means you can often see the information of other users.

The first night I asked our Waiter at American Icon if we could use our vouchers. He said yes we could use them. We also used them at Grande, Silk, and Chic. It might only be the Quantum. You never know unless you ask. All they can do is say yes or no.

Guest maddycat
FWIW, I used my Galaxy S4 on Quantum. The free hour lasted the entire 12 days. (I was only interested in occasional access)

I would queue up my email and/or Facebook posts before I connected to the wireless. Then, I would connect, sync, and disconnect. I did this once, sometimes twice per day. The internet is really fast on Quantum, and that has the effect of making your free minutes last longer.

BTW - Those computers in the library are totally insecure. (IMHO) If you do have to use them, make certain you log off AND close Safari. We watched one woman laughing as she used up the remaining time of somebody who logged out, while her husband checked the other computers to see if he could get some free time as well. They also don't erase the cache or history which means you can often see the information of other users.

Could you please explain the highlighted post. I'm not as computer literate as you obviously are.

Could you please explain the highlighted post. I'm not as computer literate as you obviously are.

"I would queue up my email and/or Facebook posts before I connected to the wireless. Then, I would connect, sync, and disconnect."

Write all of the emails you want to send before you log in (while you're offline). Then log in, hit "send/receive all," wait until the process is finished and log off. If you want to answer any of the emails, compose the answers offline and repeat. It saves your minutes nicely.

I don't know how to compose a Facebook post without being logged in, though.:o

For me too please!! I'll be using an iPad mini if it makes a difference?

If you use an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird, you can write your email off-line and then send it once you're connected to the WIFI. I think the iPad has an email client of it's own but I don't use it. As for Facebook, if you have the Facebook app for your tablet or smart phone, you can also compose on it off-line and then send once you're connected.

If you reply to an email message or Facebook post, and you do now have an internet connection, they will be queued up and will be delivered when you do have an internet connection.

So the idea is with no connection you reply to your messages. Then you establish the connection, check for new messages, and disconnect. Your messages will be delivered and you will only use a handful of internet minutes.

Hope that helps.

Let's try to clarify something.....there are coupons loaded onto your seapass as a C&A member (Diamond level) for buy one/get one free drinks....and those you can use in the MDR. We have on occasions.

But from my experience you cannot get 'free drinks' as if you were in the Diamond lounge or sitting in any of the other bars around the ship, during the Diamond Lounge hours.

What coupons are you referring do, in the red highlighted section above.

Guest maddycat
"I would queue up my email and/or Facebook posts before I connected to the wireless. Then, I would connect, sync, and disconnect."

Write all of the emails you want to send before you log in (while you're offline). Then log in, hit "send/receive all," wait until the process is finished and log off. If you want to answer any of the emails, compose the answers offline and repeat. It saves your minutes nicely.

Thanks to everyone who answered. When I cruise I use the ship's computers. I guess that this wouldn't work for me.

Let's try to clarify something.....there are coupons loaded onto your seapass as a C&A member (Diamond level) for buy one/get one free drinks....and those you can use in the MDR. We have on occasions.

But from my experience you cannot get 'free drinks' as if you were in the Diamond lounge or sitting in any of the other bars around the ship, during the Diamond Lounge hours.

What coupons are you referring do, in the red highlighted section above.

These were the ones loaded on our seapass. Yes we were able to use them on The Quantum last week. It may only be the Quantum. I don't know about any other ship.

Edited by macrc

These were the ones loaded on our seapass. Yes we were able to use them on The Quantum last week. It may only be the Quantum. I don't know about any other ship.

Yes, the ones loaded on your sea pass card I have been able to use in the MDR and any bar, for many of our past cruises.....that isn't anything new.

But you cannot expect the privileges you get from the DL (or being Diamond) in the MDR or the specialty restaurants around the ship.

These were the same drinks you get in the Diamond lounge. 3 per night. I am only talking about our experience last week on the Quantum. We only drink wine. We were able to get 3 glasses of wine each night. Just like using at the bars. I am not saying on any other ship. If you are going on the Quantum just ask.

Edited by macrc

These were the same drinks you get in the Diamond lounge. 3 per night. I am only talking about our experience last week on the Quantum. We only drink wine. We were able to get 3 glasses of wine each night. Just like using at the bars. I am not saying on any other ship. If you are going on the Quantum just ask.

Your experience last week on Quantum is very unique, from my understanding. In the MDR, for all the cruises that we have been Diamond, if we wanted a glass of wine the MDR it was NOT counted as one of the 3 glasses of wine available because it was DL hours -- those drinks had to be paid for -- but we could use the BOGO coupon we also had on our sea pass card, if we wanted to.

My agent has told me that you now can use your 3 free diamond drinks anywhere on the ship. Diamond members were having to leave their non-diamond friends to go to Diamond lounge.

Having 3 drink vouchers on the sea pass cards for Diamond members was to enable them to enjoy drinks with their non-Diamond friends. It works wonderfully.....but these vouchers are not supposed to be usable in the MDR or specialty restaurants and usually there is one or two bars on the ship where they cannot be used as well. The Cruise Compass will generally specify it, or ask at Guest Services. That has been the way it has worked on all the cruises I have been on since we became Diamond.

I am not going to argue over what your agent said, or what you believe you heard --- just telling you what my experience has been, on all the cruises we have taken since becoming Diamond.