Century Beds

dcwlopez

I've read in various posts that people have had bad (i.e. lumpy, unsupportive, etc.) mattresses on Century. I have a bad back (Full s-curve scoliosis) and I'm concerned about the condition of the beds on Century. We're booked in an outside room in March 2006. Originally that was going to be after the drydock, which I had hoped would fix the bed issues. But now that drydock has been moved, I'm concerned. Are the bad mattresses just a bad luck of the draw or are they all bad? And if they are bad, does anyone have any suggestions for making it livable during the cruise short of bringing my own egg crate or something?

I too have seen a few posts complaining about the beds. We will be on the Century the middle of October for a 15 night cruise and I intend to ask the steward to supply us with a soft mattress top such as what they have on Princess for lumpy mattresses. But I doubt if that would help you much as you need more firmness. Still I would ask and see what they can come up with. I believe Lois had the same problem.

what you've heard is no rumor! the beds on the century are HORRIBLE. i was on a transatlantic crossing with my mother (who also has horrible scoliosis) and my 82 year old Grandmother and from the minute we walked in and sat on the bed we knew they wouldn't work. so we immediately went to reception and they were on top of it very quickly. They first changed the mattress to an equally bad one...so we went back to reception and they changed it a second time and put two mattresses on the bed. This all went down before 9:00 pm the night we sailed, so they fix the problem fast. I hope they just go ahead and buy new mattresses when they dry dock the ship in April!

Hi,:) the last time I sailed Century was in March. The problem with my bed

was it was too soft. So an eggcrate would not have worked. I needed

a bedboard..as in a piece of plywood. I received it on the 3rd day. First night

was fair and I spoke to my cabin attendant. She did use

an eggcrate....(the first full day)...which was the 2nd night.

It didn't help.

Next day I spoke with an old friend who some of you might know. Shawn

was my first cabin attendant and he was on my deck this past time too.

He actually helped my attendant put the board under my mattress.

It worked like a dream...THANKFULLY:)

Archived