Poll: Are you OK with new room service charge?

Are you OK with the new room service charges?  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Are you OK with the new room service charges?

• I’ve used room service in the past and will continue to use it, regardless of fees charged.
    • I’ve used room service in the past and will use room service less due to fees charged.
    • I’ve used room service in the past and will not use it due to fees charged.
    • I’ve not used room service in the past and am fine with the additional fees charged.
    • I’ve not used room service in the past and do not like the additional fees charged.
    • I do not care either way.

Thanks for doing this poll. I hope that NCL listens to what their customers are saying.

I will not be using room service if there is a "convenience" fee attached.

Due to all the recent changes, I will be looking at options on other cruise lines for future cruises. And none of them will be managed by NCLH.

We are not happy. Ever since we booked our upcoming cruise on the getaway we keep hearing of these negative changes at NCL (additional gratuties...no longer comp illusionarium on first night....service charge for room service..etc). Planning a trip with NCL is no longer fun but stressful. We have been on about 5 NCL cruises and several others on RCCL, princess, carnival and celebrity. I do not remember feeling so annoyed on the other lines as i do now with ncl. We are coming up to our cancellation period and considering making a change. Even if we stay with this one, i will shop others next time. We are a family of 6.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are not happy. Ever since we booked our upcoming cruise on the getaway we keep hearing of these negative changes at NCL (additional gratuties...no longer comp illusionarium on first night....service charge for room service..etc). Planning a trip with NCL is no longer fun but stressful. We have been on about 5 NCL cruises and several others on RCCL, princess, carnival and celebrity. I do not remember feeling so annoyed on the other lines as i do now with ncl. We are coming up to our cancellation period and considering making a change. Even if we stay with this one, i will shop others next time. We are a family of 6.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with you 100%

i booked our first cruise with NCL a few weeks ago. since then, not only have 6 family members decided to cruise with us, but i've heard numerous negative things re: pricing on NCL. i've cruised CCL and RCL in the past and enjoyed both enough. NCL was recommended by two people, the itinerary was nice, and the price was competitive. now i'm not sure i want to keep this booking.

in the past, we've only used room service a couple of times - on a 4 day cruise, we might use it twice. there is absolutely no way i'd pay $7.95 for room service, or delivery of food that is included in my cruise cost. that inclusivity is one of the main reasons i like cruising. of course, this fee is supposedly a 'trial' on the breakaway and getaway.... we'll see how that runs.

No. Not okay with this. If we do pay for room service am tempted to deduct the cost from our DSC ...the cruise we booked over 5 months ago included complimentary room service and service charge free specialty dining ...

Don't order room service. Ever.

I think the cabins are just too small to have food around

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Or........

order three of everything on the menu.........

and six of the things you really want.

Don't order room service. Ever.

I think the cabins are just too small to have food around

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

except for coffee and juice before an early tour, I agree. Why do so many people want to sit in a room that is about 12 by 15 including the bathroom and eat a meal?

Edited by newmexicoNita

except for coffee and juice before an early tour, I agree. Why do so many people want to sit in a room that is about 12 by 15 including the bathroom and eat a meal?

Sometimes it's nice to be able to take a break from the masses.

We travel a fair amount and have never ordered room service when staying in hotels. On cruises, we order room service breakfast daily. Not much, but for us, it's a special treat we enjoy while cruising. I'm guessing we will still order room service while on cruises, because it's one of the many things we truly enjoy while cruising, but we may order less frequently - or not at all - if the fee applies to items we order. Waiting to make a decision until we see the menus.

You've probably figured this out by now, but the fee (meaning the $4.95/GA or $7.95/BA) WILL apply, to ALL orders. There may be some items added to the menu that will have a charge attached, so your total order could be more than the $4.95/$7.95 "convenience" fee.

It seems too many threads are focusing on increased prices for NCL.Does the new CEO think this is Regent or Seven Seas?

Note to CEO: check your targeted passengers. Every other line wants them too!

I think it may be just the opposite, at attempt to lessen the quality of the experience on NCL to make it the bottom of the barrel product, thus creating a major difference between NCL and the upper end products.