Just got upgraded to Spa Level 1102 on Valor

timdeb7581

Lucky you! I haven't ever booked on that level but I love the shaded, cushioned loungers and hammocks!!! I'm sailing the Valor on 5-8-15, hoping there are lots of rooms available so the price drops.

I don't know if you are aware, but Valor does not have the Cloud 9 Spa so you simply have a cabin on a deck called Spa.

You'll be close to the spa Valor does have. And I've heard it's quiet up there.

If you have a balcony, there is no overhang, so no protection from the sun/rain.

HTH

Has anyone cruised the Valor on Spa Level? Give me any helpful information you my know please.

We had the very same room on the Valor a couple of years back. I am sure I have some pictures of the room... I will look for them and post for you.

The Valor has cabins on the Spa Deck (11) but they are not Cloud 9 spa cabins. I also would not choose the spa level because above you there be people walking and chairs moving around, it be too noisy for me and too risky of having to hear noise and being right next to the gym/spa facilities too much traffic especially in the am.

We had that cabin on our first cruise! Loved it. Reasons: loved sitting in the sun. Could run the kids up to camp carnival and/or go to serenity up only one flight of stairs. A few steps and out the door we could be out on the upper tier of the sun deck. There were only 3 cabins in our side of the hallway (our family occupied all 3) so it felt like our own private getaway. Any slight negatives for us was that those at railing on serenity could look down on balcony but we never had noise in our cabin from chairs scraping etc. Also, we enjoyed hearing the music from the lido but some may not. All in all I would choose this cabin again in a heartbeat. Also, At the time it was the only non smoking balconies on the ship which we liked a lot.

Oh, I forgot. We wanted to open the dividers between the balconies of our 3 cabins and we could have, but there is some ship structure between the balconies that we would have to duck under or around so we left the dividers up. Not a deal breaker but a small annoyance for families cruising together. Sorry, I don't know how to show pictures...I'm just not very techno capable.

We also took an upgrade from a GTY inside to a Balcony on deck 11 on the Valor. We also happen to be on the 5-8-15 cruise.

Did not know about those rooms not having a roof over them, but my wife loves to be in the sun so it will work out well for us.

We picked that same deck same side for our Valor cruise next Jan. We took that side because the serenity chairs appear to be on the other side. But didn't grab 1102 as it's too close to the steam room. I think we're in 1108 or 1110 (can't remember and am at work so can't check) because it's close to the elevator lobby but not open to it and there's a wall and space between the spa/gym and the companionway.

Love to see pictures and hear what others think of the area.

We stayed on this level a number of years back on a different ship before they were all converted into balconies across the fleet. I can't speak to the cabin as they have since changed, but I can speak to the level. We did not notice any additional noise or traffic being on this level. In fact, it was one of the quietest rooms we've stayed in, because there are so few cabins. Also, there is easy access to the lido . There is a door that leads to the open deck near the elevators, so you can just go out, walk down a few steps to the main pool level on lido, and then go straight into the buffet area.

Edited by ATLCruiseJunkie

We were in 1115 - and it was extremely quiet on that deck - just a few steps away from the Lido. Also, there was zero noise from the elevators. It didn't rain so we didn't mind the no roof over the balcony, but sometimes would look up and there were people looking at us lol.

We had 1112 on Glory (sister ship) and didn't care for it. There was no noise from the spa, but Camp Carnival is one flight of stairs up. The camp itself was fairly quiet, but when parents came to get their kids they took the elevator to deck 11 and then used the stairs from 11 to 12 (the main elevators only go to deck 11). Once the kids were checked out, they went in reverse - and there were times when it sounded like a herd of elephants coming down the stairs.

I didn't care for the open balcony. We had a fair amount of rain on our cruise, so the balcony couldn't be used as often as we would have liked - when it wasn't raining, we had to wait for the deck to dry off. There were people on deck 12 above us who wanted to engage in conversation - hey, we're pretty friendly folks but I would have preferred more privacy on our balcony.

Just got back from the Liberty and we were in 1107. Loved the location. No rain at all on our cruise so didn't mind the open balcony. The only time we noticed a lot of people above us was during sailaways. We enjoyed talking to the people up there. It was very quiet on that floor and the spa was so convenient. And we loved the sliding balcony door.

Thanks for all of your responses. The readers of Cruise Critic are great! Sayvan if you find the pictures it would be great to see them.Thanks!

I will make an effort to find them and get them up for you by the end of the weekend... Cheers!

We have an inside room on deck 10 on the Valor in October. Hoping it is going to be as good of a location as it looks to be. We are hoping for an upgrade, or a major price drop so we can get a balcony.

Thanks for all of your responses. The readers of Cruise Critic are great! Sayvan if you find the pictures it would be great to see them.Thanks!

As promised a few shots inside and also some from the balcony... all in all a great room. There is no over hang above so if someone wanted to look down they can... however we never found that a problem. For some reason I didn't take a shot looking up from the balcony...

P1010657.jpg

P1010658.jpg

P1010659.jpg

P1020150.jpg

P1020152.jpg

P1020158.jpg