First FlowRider on Alaskan itinerary

We were saying on the Allure last month that they should add a cantilevered hot tub at the back of the Harmony by the Wipeout bar that overlooked the wake from the ship. It would be great for riders to take a dip in to warm up and I am sure it would be well used by non-riders as well. Even better if you had a view of the flowrider to sit in the hot tub and watch others.

I honestly cannot believe that RCCL did not think to do that. What a GREAT idea :D Being cold is why I never want to rent it out at night, even in the Caribbean. How nice would that be to ride, jump in the hot tub and wait for your next turn :p

I honestly cannot believe that RCCL did not think to do that. What a GREAT idea :D Being cold is why I never want to rent it out at night, even in the Caribbean. How nice would that be to ride, jump in the hot tub and wait for your next turn :p

The Wave House in San Diego does have a hot tub next to their FlowRider. :D

On a Transatlantic in 2009, my first flowrider cruise, it was late November sailing from Southampton. The first days we stopped in Le Harve, Fr, Cherbourg, Vigo and then Funchal. The next morning temps around 65 I showed up after avoiding the flowrider for the days we were in port. I was shocked to discover that a group of about 7 people had been surfing everyday when the temps were around 50 to 55. On cool cloudy days a light wet suit was doable. At times I got

a bit chilled. My routine was at the end of the 3 to 4 hours of stand-up to go get in the hot tub and then get an ice cream cone located nearby, and then off to lunch with my DW. It was not a bad routine.:D

jc

We also said that they should add Vegas style misters to cool you as you wait in long lines on hot days. Or at least water to cool the floor where you stand.