We are all selfish people

tvguy72

Look folks, we may not like or agree with the recent changes to new or increased fees.

I don't want to spend any more money than I have to. I have alternatives, but in the bigger picture you have to take a step back and say"THESE ARE GOOD PROBLEMS TO HAVE".

I only hope for all of us, this is the biggest problem we face in our lives. How fortunate we are to have this be our issue. We are all lucky in that respect.

It's petty, but funny when you think about it.

And I'm just as guilty as the rest of us.

Regards,

Look folks, we may not like or agree with the recent changes to new or increased fees.

I don't want to spend any more money than I have to. I have alternatives, but in the bigger picture you have to take a step back and say"THESE ARE GOOD PROBLEMS TO HAVE".

I only hope for all of us, this is the biggest problem we face in our lives. How fortunate we are to have this be our issue. We are all lucky in that respect.

Regards,

Me too. Thanks for putting it in prospective this morning. Kudos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't find myself to be petty or selfish and I don't find anything funny about it. I'm also not losing any sleep over it.

This whole thing reminds me of a line from The Godfather: "It's only business, it's not personal".

I do agree with your overall sentiment though.

Cheers.

I work 7 days weeks for months on end without a day off . I feel i`m entitled to some pampering and luxury on my holiday . All of these changes " for my convenience " have felt a very bad taste in my mouth NCL has made so many changes in the last month i have no confidence in them at the moment . Do i want this hassle when i should be looking forward to my holiday NO i don`t . Yes i agree there are much bigger problems around but i think your missing the point here . There are a lot of unhappy people at the moment most of whom know how lucky we all are to be in this position . But have every right to be annoyed with NCL and i don`t appreciate being told how lucky i am .

Yes, we can be dealing with health, mobility issues.

There are many people with health and mobility issues on cruises. That's one of the only ways to participate in family vacations. It's the idea of imposing room service on them, when leaving their rooms can be difficult, that is most annoying to me.

i agree that many of us work hard and feel entitled to enjoy some vacation time, some pampering. but in reality, there is a huge swath of people who will never be able to vacation. i'm lucky enough now to be able to afford a vacation a year (usually either a trip to disney world or a cruise) and throw in a weekend away every couple of years. when i was growing up, we were basically working poor. my family went away once on a three-day weekend to woodstock, which is just a few hour drive from where we live. we never had family vacations until i was 25 and my brother was 21 when i decided to foot the bill for a family vacation for all of us.

i don't think it's about privileged guilt. i think it's about remembering that there are worse things in life than raising cruise fees - it's about trying to keep things in perspective. i'm unhappy about the changes and am considering other cruise lines now - but i'm still thrilled that i'm going to be able to go on a cruise. i like the sentiments that the OP is sharing, and i'd like to hope it reminds people to keep things in perspective.

Thank you for validating my point. "I don't appreciate being told how lucky I am" "speak for yourself son"

I know you guys are above us all. None of work as hard as you or take vacations to escape the daily grind.

If you can't understand the spirit of my post. Well, too bad for you. It is not a scolding nor a personal attack. Rather, a realization of what really matters. Just my thoughts on a public forum. An observation.

I'm not above complaining, I've bitched and moaned as well.

I don't know you, you don't know me. We could be neighbors for all we know.

Just take it as mindless drivel. And move on then.

Footnote:

My baby brother is a decorated US Marine, just returned stateside after 4 tours fighting for all of us. Got wounded on his 2nd tour. Went back for 2 more.

He fought to make us all safe. So we can come and go as we please. Protecting our freedom, so while he went through hell and back, we could have such trivial issues in life. So yes, we are all selfish.

Yes, we can be dealing with health, mobility issues.

I have health and mobility issues. I booked my upcoming cruise to fulfill a 25 year dream. This trip is a huge stretch for us because of how tight medical expenses make our budget. I am very wary now of what my trip will be like and what other added fees will come in the next weeks. I am regretting my choice of NCL. My brother is a regular on RCCL and I should have gone with his recommendation.

I was looking forward to free room service and not having to navigate crowds when I try to loosen up for the day. My autoimmune disease makes mornings hard and having breakfast in my cabin and at my pace would make things easier for me.

Edited by WoodsDrive

If you can't understand the spirit of my post. Well, too bad for you. It is not a scolding nor a personal attack. Rather, a realization of what really matters. Just my thoughts on a public forum. An observation.

This is a cruise vacation forum, not a therapist's office. I'm not here to soul search. I'm here to bicker about cruises.

Whatever the "spirit" of your post, it does not seem to be in alignment with the title of your post.

Regards,

I see you are being misunderstood at what you said, I've been misunderstood too.

I thought health and mobility issues were more important to focus on, but even those with mobility issues focus on dollars.

This is a cruise vacation forum, not a therapist's office. I'm not here to soul search. I'm here to bicker about cruises.

Whatever the "spirit" of your post, it does not seem to be in alignment with the title of your post.

You are 100% correct. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I thought this was Crisis Critic. S**t. i'm in the wrong forum again...

Regards,

Thanks for a great reality check.... indeed a good problem to have!

Thank you for validating my point. "I don't appreciate being told how lucky I am" "speak for yourself son"

I know you guys are above us all. None of work as hard as you or take vacations to escape the daily grind.

I'm not above complaining, I've bitched and moaned as well.

I don't know you, you don't know me. We could be neighbors for all we know.

Just take it as mindless drivel. And move on then.

Footnote:

My baby brother is a decorated US Marine, just returned stateside after 4 tours fighting for all of us. Got wounded on his 2nd tour. Went back for 2 more.

He fought to make us all safe. So we can come and go as we please. Protecting our freedom, so while he went through hell and back, we could have such trivial issues in life. So yes, we are all selfish.

Thanks for putting a good spin on all this, both now and the OP. I agree with you; for those who say they work their butts off for a nice vacation: I say, then let it go, stop worrying about the little things and enjoy your vacation. None of us like extra charges, but the world isn't going to come to an end, most people will contine to cruise on the line of their choice regardless of these costs; As I think the saying goes: don't fight the small stuff!!!

Look folks, we may not like or agree with the recent changes to new or increased fees. I don't want to spend any more money than I have to. I have alternatives, but in the bigger picture you have to take a step back and say"THESE ARE GOOD PROBLEMS TO HAVE".

How fortunate we are to have this be our issue.

If you can't understand the spirit of my post. Well, too bad for you. It is not a scolding nor a personal attack. Rather, a realization of what really matters. Just my thoughts on a public forum. An observation

You may not have meant it as a scolding, but it did come off that way to me. We can all say "There but for the grace of God..." about so many things, but just because we are blessed in many things does not mean we should sit silent while observing some things we believe are just plain wrong. An "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing" sort of thing you know?

I'm really hoping that our government comes up with some new taxes and fees soon so that I can remind myself how lucky I am to qualify for them.

You may not have meant it as a scolding, but it did come off that way to me. We can all say "There but for the grace of God..." about so many things, but just because we are blessed in many things does not mean we should sit silent while observing some things we believe are just plain wrong. An "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing" sort of thing you know?

Looks like there is enough sanctimoniousness to go around. "Good" vs "Evil"? This is a company raising its prices, it's not Star Wars or the Crusades. And unlike taxes from your government, it's very easy to avoid paying NCL's increased prices: Don't take their cruises.

This.

Let's talk about cruising.

There are other places on the Internet to talk politics. Whatever anybody's family is doing at Abu Graib or whatever is not relevant on this board, unless NCL starts offering shore excursions there.

People are upset at the NCL changes. Other people think it's an overreaction. Fine. Let's keep it in the context of cruising. . IMO, getting on a high horse and dismissing it as "First World Problems" only excuses what I believe to be NCL's bad behaviour.

Regards,

This thread needs pulling. It is a cruise forum, not a "do gooders" site.

Edited by bobstheboy