nieuw amsterdam - category N inside

Tennant

They are tiny.

RuthC knows her stuff! Her input was a huge factor in me splurging and getting an I-cat for our most recent cruise. It was well worth the slightly higher charge in my opinion. It was my first time in an interior category, and I had no concerns once we walked in to our cabin.

Pics of I-8045 are in my album here -

Edit - If anyone knows the name of the painting with the cows sitting under the umbrellas on the beach, please let me know. I would LOVE to buy a reprint of that, my mom got a huge kick from it.

Edited by rbp3072

in Jan. I was in a M-inside,, big mistake, as soon as you open the door, you walk into the bed, no hallway, the dresser was half the size and no couch, did have that orange chair and table--but all was not lost, I booked a cabana, ---:)

We are sailing 4/22 out of Barcelona. We have looked at this trip for a long time and price came down very low on the Category N. Too good to pass up.

Nice cruise! A very low price is a good reason to take one's chances and take what you get!

Please come back and let us know what you get. We're rooting for you!

I just came back from Niew Amsterdam on Sunday. I booked an I 7035 inside. The reservation person told me it was one of the largest insides. Looking at the deck plans and the pics, I thought OK, I can live with that. It was a standard room with no couch, just the Orange chair and table. We were very disappointed. I could have upgraded, but didn't. Did not get what we were told. Ship was full, so we couldn't move.

I don't have a picture but we did recently have a look in the N insides on the Nieuw Amsterdam. These staterooms such as N4029 are tiny with an unusual sideways orientation. (Which you can still have a great cruise, regardless.)

However, if you want a big inside stateroom on the Nieuw Amsterdam, you want to book a J category on the main deck -- these are very spacious.

@Tennant

There are a few not-very-helpful photos of 4029 on cruisedeckplans.com and a few more that of K-sideways cabins on the same deck. You have to pay an annual fee that isn't very much (I've enjoyed my membership!).

This reviewer found 4017 small but with lots of storage:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=77667

This ship seems pretty full, you may end up with what you booked! OTOH, we will be at a port all days but one (if you are going to Venice). The beds are the same (nice) and all we'll be doing in the room is sleeping, showering, and changing clothes. Also hand-washing a few as there is no self-laundromat on the N.A.