sydney post cruise excursion timing

shipsealand

What time does your ship dock? What day of the week does your ship dock? Where are you going on your excursion? Where does the excursion drop you off when finished - is it at the airport? I presume you are being picked up at the ship for your excursion? Is the terminal White Bay or the Overseas Passenger Terminal? This is a lot of questions but they are all relevant?:)

The ship returns to Sydney at 7AM on Monday, Dec 21. Port info is not specific and lists both OPT and White Bay. The international flight departs 3:45 PM.

There are 2 debark excursions that could work but is it too close timewise?

The Harbor Cruise is 2.5 hrs and says walk from ship to the harbor cruise location 15 minutes, then cruise, then walk back to ship 15 minutes.

The City Drive and Bondi Beach is 4 hrs and picks up at the ship and drops off at the airport.

Edited by shipsealand
more details

Sorry to ask another couple of questions but the name of the ship may give us a clue as to where you will dock. It sounds from what you are saying (15 minute walk etc) that it is the OPT. The other thing is what is the time the excursions commence? At the moment I am leaning towards you only doing the harbour cruise providing it does not commence any later than 9.00am or 9.30am at the absolute latest.:)

The real question is what time the tours can get you to the airport. Then you can figure out if the expected arrival time is sufficient.

In my mind, the 15 minute time difference would usually be OK. Princess tries to be conservative in their statement of what time flights should be after.

Usually these tours can be booked when on the ship. You can ask the tour desk personnel for a good idea of when you would get to the airport.

The ship is the Diamond Princess. What is definitive info on whether OPT or White Bay is the embark and debark port?

Nothing shows up on the excursion list for Sydney for either end of the itinerary although excursions are listed for all the other in between ports. Could it be that there are no excursions permitted debark day for Sydney but have for other ports been allowed to do this?

Edited by shipsealand
clarify to White Bay

The ship is the Diamond Princess. What is definitive info on whether OPT or White Bay is the embark and debark port?

Nothing shows up on the excursion list for Sydney for either end of the itinerary although excursions are listed for all the other in between ports. Could it be that there are no excursions permitted debark day for Sydney but have for other ports been allowed to do this?

Shore excursions for disembarking passengers are often only offered once on the ship, not in advance.

Possible debark tours may be seen at http://www.princess.com/excursion/exlistfordestination.page?portid=SYD&t=Z&exType=S even though they are not shown on the tour list in your personalizer.

Diamond Princess will not get under the Harbour Bridge so it will be docking at the OPT not White Bay.

Naturally you will get all sorts of opinions here (after all we are all experts) on what you should do and in the end all you can do is consider it all and make up your own mind.

Yes I know that Bondi is in the general direction of the airport and that excursion will drop you off at the airport but personally and particularly if you have not been to Sydney before I would err on the conservative side and take the harbour cruise. I don't think you will be sorry.:)

If you've not been to Sydney before, I'd definitely choose the harbor cruise over Bondi. The harbor cruise is lovely and shows off the famous icons of Sydney. If you have any extra time, you'll be right there at the Circular Quay with plenty of great sites and restaurants. On the other hand, Bondi is simply a popular beach with a nice walking trail.

I'd definitely go for the cruise around Sydney Harbour, rather than Bondi. I've had a lot of overseas friends come to Sydney in the past. I usually take them on one of the Sydney Ferries, usually over to Manly & return. A proper cruise can take in so much more of the Harbour. I don't think that you would be disappointed at all.