Disappointing upsell offer

Bedruthen

Upsells are similar to buying inside the cancellation window. If you like the price then jump on it. If not, pass. Not certain why you would complain about an offer.

We see lots of unattractive pricing (to us) inside the cancellation window and we certainly do not blame the cruise line for this pricing. Supply and demand.
We simply wait until the right (for us) price comes along either on another ship or another date/itinerary.

We booked the Signature Suite we wanted for our last cruise at a price I was happy to pay. Imagine our delight when I logged in to our booking two days before our cruise to find we'd been upgraded to a Neptune Suite!

I couldn't believe it as we'd turned down an upsell a couple of weeks beforehand as it was a little high and we were happy with what we had booked. So I emailed my TA to check. She was on holidays herself, but was almost as excited as I was.

I kept thinking we'd get to the dock and be told they'd made a mistake, but no, we had the most wonderful cruise in a Neptune Suite.

I know - we were VERY lucky, and we knew it!

We also enjoyed every second of our Neptune Suite experience!

[quote name='CowPrincess']As far as upsells, I will never ever disclose what the $$$ involved in an upsell is.[/QUOTE]

Kind of defeats the purpose of what is being discussed are here... Edited by Sam.Seattle

[quote name='cruise_bunnies']We are HAL NL and we always receive the upsell offer after the closing of NL office. So we call HAL USA and they will upgrade us, never a problem. I suggest you do this if you get a real tempting offer.

You can't book through USA/Seattle, but they can upgrade you, as they have the upsell offers on file.[/QUOTE]
Just to add one more point... You also would have needed to book direct with HAL & not thru a TA as HAL controls the inventory.