Canada in September

Jeffrey1950

I was intending to do the 4 day from New York to Canada in June but now have been looking at the 7 day from New York to Canada in September. Why is it so hard to choose sometimes? Has anyone done this trip and can give some insight for me. I know it will probably be cooler but I tell myself regardless just getting away is a bonus. Tell me your feelings please !!

Also, although my last two cruises I had a balcony I am thinking of going with a porthole this time, can anyone tell me what those cabins are like?

Thanks !!

Edited by Jeffrey1950

I was intending to do the 4 day from New York to Canada in June but now have been looking at the 7 day from New York to Canada in September. Why is it so hard to choose sometimes? Has anyone done this trip and can give some insight for me. I know it will probably be cooler but I tell myself regardless just getting away is a bonus. Tell me your feelings please !!

Also, although my last two cruises I had a balcony I am thinking of going with a porthole this time, can anyone tell me what those cabins are like?

Thanks !!

Jeffrey, we did this cruise last September and loved it so much, we are going back and doing it this September too. The weather is cooler (but not sure how it compares in June) than the Carib cruises, but that was expected. We had fleeces and jeans with us for the days, which were ok. I will have gloves and a hat next time. The days were warm in the 60s/70s but the late afternoons, early mornings, and evenings on the ship were much cooler. Did go on the slide most of the days but it was definitely a cold one.

The ports are beautiful. Wish there was more time in St John since I would love to hike in Fundy. But there was a provincial park nearby which we rented a car and drove there. Was beautiful hiking along the coast, watching the tides change.

Not sure about the balcony or OV since we book interiors and only in the cabin to sleep, shower, change clothes. We love to people watch and are on deck a lot. The Splendor is a beautiful ship, IMO. Some people don't like the decor but if you look past that, it is a great ship to travel on.

Steve

Yes, the Splendor is enjoyable did a Caribbean cruise on it last June. I think I will book an inside, I really enjoyed being on it was previously on the Glory. On the Caribbean cruise I enjoyed having the balcony, when on the Glory for a four day to St. John did not use the Balcony much so when it comes down to choosing probably an inside for this particular cruise would be best for me. I enjoyed the Market in St. Johns looking forward to going there again. So that's it a done deal Canada here I come in September...whoops, almost forgot have to ask my boss for the time off. You know what I will be doing first thing Monday morning.

Yes, the Splendor is enjoyable did a Caribbean cruise on it last June. I think I will book an inside, I really enjoyed being on it was previously on the Glory. On the Caribbean cruise I enjoyed having the balcony, when on the Glory for a four day to St. John did not use the Balcony much so when it comes down to choosing probably an inside for this particular cruise would be best for me. I enjoyed the Market in St. Johns looking forward to going there again. So that's it a done deal Canada here I come in September...whoops, almost forgot have to ask my boss for the time off. You know what I will be doing first thing Monday morning.

If you don't mind me asking, which Sunday are you looking at for September? We are on the 13th.

My BFF and I did this cruise last September 11th, and it was glorious. Absolutely wonderful weather, and no issues. Loved every minute. The funny thing was, we took another cruise to the Bahama's in January, and froze every day. lol You never know about the weather.

It was actually warmer in September in our three cruises then, than out cruise in July. Also, the water/air differential is much less in September, so the chancing of fog diminish drastically.

We had fog/mist/light rain all day in Halifax and into the next morning; which was unfortunate. There were multiple pods of porpoises and some whales the morning after leaving Halifax. The porpoises came right up to the ship, the whales much harder to see in the fog.

I was on the same cruise last September as snc and the weather was glorious and the ports were beautiful. We were out and about every port day so I don't know how nice it was to sit on the decks but on the sea days I think it was much to cool for me. Enjoy the cruise, you will love it!!:)

We sat on our balcony every day on our cruise and it was the second week of October. The weather was no different in Halifax or St. John than it was in Boston, Bar Harbor or Rhode Island or New York.

The later you can go it may be cooler but the fall colours are awesome.

The days in the sun were fine... The beginning of the slide was a bit chilly in the wind. But the evenings were cool.

However, just got off the Pride and we saw snow flurries on the last sea day. So, pretty much anything is warm compared to that. :)