Questions on Quest Oceanview Category 6 cabins.

seniorladycruiser

Just booked our first cruise with Azamara on the Quest. We booked a guarantee category 6 oceanview and I have some questions. It states that the cabins for this category are 170 sq. ft., is that correct?

When booking we were told that this category does have sofas in the cabins but I wanted to know for sure. I know that category 8 does not.

Sure would appreciate help on this. Thanks.

Just booked our first cruise with Azamara on the Quest. We booked a guarantee category 6 oceanview and I have some questions. It states that the cabins for this category are 170 sq. ft., is that correct?

When booking we were told that this category does have sofas in the cabins but I wanted to know for sure. I know that category 8 does not.

Sure would appreciate help on this. Thanks.

Hi Seniorladycruiser,

According to several websites, the Cat 6 cabins show as 170 sq ft. As for the sofa, it seems they should have them, but I'm not entirely certain if ALL Cat 6 cabins have sofas. BTW, are you asking about a sofa, or a sofa with a bed in it ?

Hopefully, other members or Bonnie can add some additional insights. Hope this helps, and have a wonderful cruise !

Hi Seniorladycruiser,

I found pictures of 4055 and 4056, which are cat 5 OVs, clearly showing a sofa. Looking at the deck plans, there doesn't seem to be a difference between cat 5 and cat 6. However, I also saw some pictures of Verandah staterooms that had only a comfy chair, not a sofa -- and I recognized that those cabins have a connecting door that would be blocked by the extra width of a sofa. So, my guess is that you will have a sofa if you book a non-connecting cat 6 (e.g. 4000-4007). The connecting door may also be a source of sound transmission, so I would avoid 4008-4015 & 4017.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the quick response! I am keeping my fingers crossed about the sofa (just a sofa not sofa bed). My husband loves to sit there and read when we are in our cabin.

Looking forward to learning more about Azamara.

Hi Seniorladycruiser,

Glad to be of assistance. Host Jazzbeau also provided some excellent information. I realize that you have booked a GTY, so you may wind up with one of the connecting cabins. Should that happen, and if other cabins in the same category are available - you may be able to change. I'd certainly ask your travel agent (or Azamara if you booked direct)... so I suggest to keep checking for a cabin assignment. Who knows ? With a little luck, maybe you will wind up in a higher category. Good Luck !

If you have additional questions, please feel free to ask, or email me.

I wanted to clarify . The lowest price OC is Cat 8, which is the obstructed view on deck 4 and those cabins do not have a sofa. If your guarantee OC is for higher level Cat 6, then they should have a sofa. sorry for the other answer. I thought that guarantee usually only guaranteed the lowest priced cabin in the category ( OC vs BAL). You should clarify that though. Enjoy your cruise!

Once again, thanks for the help. Jazzbeau, thanks to you I now know which cabins to avoid and will try to change once I receive a cabin number. My cruise isn't until September 2016 but it is very popular and many categories are already sold out.

I love Cruise Critic!