Oasis which floor?

I have a cruise booked on Oasis in April. I selected 14236 Jr suite. I is on the hump with a slightly larger balcony. As I am reading reviews most are going for level 8 since it is closer to activities/restaurants. Need advice

I would try to find one a few floors lower to avoid overhead noise from the pool deck.

Personally, I never worry if I am close to or far from certain activities (pool, buffet, etc), or stairs/elevator.

I do put a high value on having cabins above and below me. On many ships, the level just below the pool deck is a higher cost/category than the next level down. I never get that.

For some reason, the cruiselines put a value on a HIGHER deck. Makes no sense to me.

I can show you many ships where the rooms under the gym cost more than those one level down. Why?

Edited by garycarla

Agree...lower deck would be better JMHO.....We had a deck #6 mid-ship starboard side and loved that location...so convenient... Regardless enjoy what ever works for you :)

Edited by Ashland

I have deck 11 booked in the same location. Should I move to deck 7? I thought that deck 11 would be good for access to the Diamond club?

What would you do/ Move?

BTW, OP, I would move down a few decks as well.

I have deck 11 booked in the same location. Should I move to deck 7? I thought that deck 11 would be good for access to the Diamond club?

What would you do/ Move?

If you plan to frequent the Diamond Lounge, I would stay on deck 11. It will be very convenient.

I've stayed on 12, 11 and 9 on Oasis and really didn't notice a huge difference - I avoid 14 because of the pool or sports deck (we did Boardwalk balconies once). We tend to walk the stairs most days so 9 to the pool was a hike up, but any of them are doable to walk down to CP, Promenade or Boardwalk.

I think 6 and 8 tend to be warmer floors as they open up to Boardwalk/Central Park - I find both of those floors warmer in the hallways near the openings than higher up, where there aren't direct openings to outside. Just another thought to consider

Edited by masonpips

I have sailed on both the Oasis and the Allure and booked cabins on deck 8 due to the fact I do not like to ride the elevators unless necessary, and was very happy with my selection.

What would you do/ Move?

I would stay. We are on deck 11 for that reason. If not we would move down to Deck 8

OP I would move down from Deck 14 to Deck 8

Edited by molly361

I have a cruise booked on Oasis in April. I selected 14236 Jr suite. I is on the hump with a slightly larger balcony. As I am reading reviews most are going for level 8 since it is closer to activities/restaurants. Need advice

Not sure I can believe that "most" go for deck 8, as this deck cannot handle "most" passengers.

I have read that lots of CC'ers like deck 6, 7, and 8 because it is closer to "activities/restaurants". but keep in mind it is only closer to the Central Park and below activities (get to deck 6, and it is a long way to the pool deck or the Windjammer). Should you get a suite on those decks, it is even further to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.

So if you are looking for "closeness" to something, make sure you know what it is you want to be close to when making this choice (e.g. if it is the pool or the Diamond Lounge, a higher deck might be more appropriate).

Having been on Oasis/Allure a couple of times, I personally prefer decks 11/12, as they are a reasonable stair climb to any of the venue's, making it reasonably close to all activities, not just a few (though, these are large ships, there will be something that won't be close)

Last note: deck 7 does not connect between the port and starboard sides at the aft elevators, so if you book on that deck, be mindful of what elevators you get on, as you might have to go up/down one deck to cross over.

We like Deck 8 and being on the same deck as Central Park. When moving from one end of the ship to the other we like "strolling thru the park" with its shops and paths and greenery, rather than walking down a corridor with door after door after door. And as wine lovers, being in close proximity to Vintages is a plus!

Janet524 hit the nail on the head. I found we would walk from forward to aft and back throughout the day. I really did not like walking through the corridors felt like it took forever. Walking around the promenade was ok but when they had those specials which was often you get stuck about around the shops in the middle of the aisle. Walking across the 15/16 was nice but again could get busy. Walking thru the park was my favorite, not busy, quick and pleasant.

If the lifeboats were not on the blocking the view walking across 5 would be nice, too bad the couldn't have them higher like on the freedom class.