Parking for westbound Transatlantic

rubinstein2r

Assuming you want to leave your car near PE and are driving from JAX, your challenge is to drop the car and then get to MIA for your flight. After your cruise a $15 cab will get you back to your car if a shuttle is not included in the deal.

There are several hotels in the FLL area offering cruise parking deals, but I'm not sure about 15 nights. Check http://www.sunny.org , http://www.parksleepfly.com and www. stay123.com

Another option is one of the many discount parking lots near FLL - I've seen rates of $6-8/day and lower advertised ; I would do some homework on trip advisor before leaving my car. Park and Fly is often suggested on this board.

To get from wherever you drop your car to MIA you have options. The Tri-Rail train will get you there for under $5 each if you can handle your own luggage. A taxi will make the trip for about $75+ on the meter. Shared shuttle service from Go Airport or SuperShuttle will run about $30-35+ each. A one way car rental from FLL to MIA is likely your cheapest option - the drive takes about an hour.

I envy your cruise plans and love to visit Rome - have a great trip! :)

Since you'd be driving from Jacksonville, what about doing two one-way rentals rather than driving your own vehicle? If they don't charge dropoff fees, you might end up spending less this way rather than paying for parking for 15 days.