which is better room?

We would be inclined to book B530 for a smoother ride. We almost always book cabins from mid-ship to aft of the aft elevators as they are not subjected to as much movement as those located forward.

Lew

I am agreement with Lew on the but for different reasons. B259 is very near elevators and the fire door but my main concern is being bang opposite the door where all the cleaners/cabin stewards emerge. I see all these as small potential problems.

B530 is on a nice clear stretch about equidistant between mid and aft lifts, so not much through traffic. The self-service laundry is reasonably near for the odd press you might need.

I expect you know these are three/four berth cabins.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I am agreement with Lew on the but for different reasons. B259 is very near elevators and the fire door but my main concern is being bang opposite the door where all the cleaners/cabin stewards emerge. I see all these as small potential problems.

B530 is on a nice clear stretch about equidistant between mid and aft lifts, so not much through traffic. The self-service laundry is reasonably near for the odd press you might need.

I expect you know these are three/four berth cabins.

Regards John

Thanks both of these reasons were my concern. I had B259 booked as it was the only one showing when I booked, B530 has just come vacant so I've now changed my booking to that one.

I would add my two pence worth...please do not concern yourself with the fire doors between sections. They are only ever used in case of emergency; otherwise they are always open.

I would add my two pence worth...please do not concern yourself with the fire doors between sections. They are only ever used in case of emergency; otherwise they are always open.

Except when someone who has indulged a little too much thinks it's fun to close them as he staggers to his cabin very late at night. We had one cruise like that. Rather annoying to have a heavy door slam right outside your cabin when you are sound asleep.