Breakaway hairdryer

grouchomarx

To anyone recently on the BA, can you tell me if the hairdryer is a good quality one? Usually they are the awful weak stumpy type stuck to the wall and so I bring my own, but it would be nice to leave it home this time if possible. Thanks.

It's difficult to define what's "good" and not - our benchmarks are often different. Suffice to say, DW used it and no complaints - rated at 1500 watts on 220 volts & newer than those older ones on the Jewel/Gem ships.

See post #6 and #11 for pics - even Inside cabins have them

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2189381

I used the one in my Breakaway room this past January. I have long, thick hair and it did a fine job. I had brought my own ( just in case) but found it to be easier to just use the one already set up by the desk.

I had box braids in my hair for my vacation on the Breakaway last year and hair dryer did a good job drying it from root to end for like 20 minutes. It only shut off once due to overheating but that like after 15 minutes, had to give it rest for working so long. [emoji12]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

The hairdryer is pretty powerful, my only complaint is the cord is hard wired behind the mini fridge so you don't get a lot of extra cord. It's difficult to stand and dry your hair.

Do not bring your own, you will blow a fuse! I learned the hard way on the Getaway. I used my blow dryer and the mini fridge kicked on and blew the fuse. Oops!! It took awhile for someone from Guest Services to come and fix the problem.

Just off BA in March and I had brought my own and blew a fuse too - and more than once till I figured out that was the culprit - they were fast to reset - so used the built in hairdryer the rest of the time with no issue!

Have fun!!!!

Do not bring. As several have previously stated, you will probably blow the cabin fuse. The fuse panel is not in your stateroom and you have to call to get it reset. My wife said the supplied dryer is just fine. She did bring her hair straightener and used it with no problem.