How do I hate thee, Celebrity website

Let me count the ways.

Usually, I've at least been able to check in for my cruise and order my luggage tags. Not today. After I have laboriously re-entered all the information that Celebrity should already know about me since I have cruised many times with Celebrity, it throws me out at the contract page. When I try to start again, it informs me my reservation is being modified.

Let me count the ways.

Usually, I've at least been able to check in for my cruise and order my luggage tags. Not today. After I have laboriously re-entered all the information that Celebrity should already know about me since I have cruised many times with Celebrity, it throws me out at the contract page. When I try to start again, it informs me my reservation is being modified.

It did the same thing to us yesterday. We logged off, waited a couple of minutes and logged back in and were able to finish checking in and ordering luggage tags.

As for the information you have to enter for each cruise, I prefer that they NOT keep my personal information on file (passport info, emergency contact, etc).

Edited by DinaS

The same happened to me for three weeks prior to our Mar. 16 Connie cruise. I finally gave up and we went without tags or check-in. It didn't seem to matter. I called Celebrity twice and spent a long time on hold both times. I also called Captain's Club and she could not help either. Why do they bother asking over and over for us to check in if it does not work?

I just don't like the new website - period! At least with the old version it was relatively easy to find what you wanted to know, even if the buttons didn't work etc. Now... you have to scroll and scroll and scroll checking each heading to see if it's what you want. Grrrr.... surely it shouldn't be THIS hard to sort out a sensible website?

Well I'm glad it worked for you. It's not working for me. Just tried again. Threw me out at the same place. Thanks a lot, Celebrity.

Linda -- we've had that problem in the past (more than once, sad to say). :(

I think we called the Captain's Club, and they were able to help check us in (?) I do know that they can take care of your luggage tag order for you. Good luck, and let us know what happens. :)

Let me count the ways.

Linda,

At least you get to see something. All I get is a white screen!

Cynthia

How do I hate thee?? I can't count high enough!

The website is a hot mess, with pop ups and flyovers and links to nowhere. I did manage to accomplished the online check-in, but have requested luggage tags three times... still nothing in the mail, and not holding my breath. :(

Also... their new website tag-line "unforgettable vacations at unbelievable new rates" made me laugh. YEP, the rates are unbelievably high right now! :eek:

Amen sister: If they know my name and am booked why can't they reflect

the info right away? And they are always working on the program or bookings

or whatever:eek:! Which brings me to: If we are booked AND PAID!!!!!

we should be able to get luggage tags etc. This is the machine age is it not?

The website is a hot mess, with pop ups and flyovers and links to nowhere. I did manage to accomplished the online check-in, but have requested luggage tags three times... still nothing in the mail, and not holding my breath. :(

Hi Julia -- Call the Captain's Club. They can at least help with your luggage tag order. Of course -- get ready -- you'll probably go out to the mailbox one day and find four sets of tags! ;)

Why does anyone waste any time with On-Line Check-in and ordering luggage tags if it doesn't work the first time.

I now just do it first try, if it takes - great, if not, print out my reservation details, and arrive to pier, porter affixes luggage tags, check in agent has me hand-fill in a brief form with necessary details.

No hours (or even minutes) of extra wasted time, no multiple phone calls and hold times, no frustrations with an inanimate website.

Ad when will Mods finally bindle all the website threads like they have Dress Code threads. As with dress codes, website isn't really gonna see much in major changes anytime soon, regardless of what the new CEO says.

A much more useful website thread that provides useful info would be titled "Celebrity Website- It's working".

I can count high enough, I just don't have the time or the life left to get there!!

Having said that, in the past just clicking on the Express check-in sent my BP sky high as I knew it wouldn't work. Last cruise we even had a supervisor working on it and she also gave up. We went without it and there was no problem. Incidentally even though we did not print out the pass, we were still able to order the luggage tags and they came....very exciting day.

Well, this time I decided to try again. I really don't know how many times I tried but I got everything in the book when I clicked "save and continue", including the blank page, being directed to the home page, the reservation modification (you're giving me the Penthouse?) come back in 20 minutes thing etc. I gave up. Imagine my surprise when trying again a few days ago and all of the stuff I had saved was there! The only thing that wasn't was the page for the charge card but it said "Express pass complete" What???? Yes, I printed it. I am beyond happy. Now why did it work this time?

Why does anyone waste any time with On-Line Check-in and ordering luggage tags if it doesn't work the first time.

Because we're all gluttons for punishment and we do soooo love that little piece of paper that is the express pass! It means you're going on a cruise SOON. We love the luggage tags too because they mean get the suitcases out and get packing, you're going on a cruise! Also, hope springs eternal.....maybe this is the day the website is fixed for good!:D

Because we're all gluttons for punishment and we do soooo love that little piece of paper that is the express pass! It means you're going on a cruise SOON. We love the luggage tags too because they mean get the suitcases out and get packing, you're going on a cruise! Also, hope springs eternal.....maybe this is the day the website is fixed for good!:D

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=i'm+only+a+cockeyed+optimist&FORM=VIRE5#view=detail&mid=45B538C4DAFE1753F98B45B538C4DAFE1753F98B

:cool: :D :rolleyes:

Let me count the ways.

I would have said you're getting an upgrade and that's why your reservation is being modified....but...it seems everyone is having this problem. I am afraid to go look at mine right now. Fortunately I'd done the check-in some time ago. I have to say among the lines we cruise, RCCL (by far the worst for me) and X are the two worst. I have never had problems with HAL or NCL on this, although people complain online about them, too. The RCCL sites set a new low on usability and bugs. They really need to upgrade their web service providers.

I was able to order ours three weeks ago.... but we leave Wednesday and no tags yet.

On another note..

I received an email from the concierge onboard Constellation (different name than Leo who is coming from Infinity). When I made a request by return email, it came back undeliverable. I called the 800 number, let it ring twice but I hung up to try a different email address.

Within minutes I received an 800 call ????? ( should I pick up) and I was talking to a shoreside concierge who asked if the call had been cut off.

She then made the request for me and sent me an email to confirm.

That was a nice touch.

Is this a new program called "One touch" familiar to anyone else?

Is this a new program called "One touch" familiar to anyone else?

I have been in contact with them.

Purchased OBC hoping to get the good Canadian exchange rate but as my cruise was booked in USD was charged USD on my CC. They promised to get me the OBC at the posted Canadian rate but it went nowhere - ended up ignoring my emails - not very impressed at all!

Then there is the amazing search feature on the Celebrity website, which is always a surprise.

It doesn't matter what I am searching for because it always manages to come up with something totally unrelated to whatever I enter in the search field.

For those trying to do online check in, the correct day to do it in 2015 was the day before yesterday.

Yes, that was the day I was able to do online check-in and print the Xpress Pass for 2 reservations, breezing right through all the steps from beginning to end for both reservations flawlessly without a hitch.

I like to save the Xpress pass on my own computer so if I want another copy, it is easy to print off without needing to log back in to the Celebrity website again.

I now just do it first try, if it takes - great, if not, print out my reservation details, and arrive to pier, porter affixes luggage tags, check in agent has me hand-fill in a brief form with necessary details.

No hours (or even minutes) of extra wasted time, no multiple phone calls and hold times, no frustrations with an inanimate website.

Ad when will Mods finally bindle all the website threads like they have Dress Code threads. As with dress codes, website isn't really gonna see much in major changes anytime soon, regardless of what the new CEO says.

A much more useful website thread that provides useful info would be titled "Celebrity Website- It's working".

What new website?

Cle you are 100% correct. If it does not work (actually when) then log off and try again another day. Give yourself a couple weeks and 4 or 5 tries and it will all be complete.

I do agree that those who spent hours trying to get luggage tags need to do something more meaningful and getting stupid tags that you can get at the port and the check in is nice an speeds things up but if it does not work - do not sweat it.

Cle - see you on Thursday. Will be easy to spot with my Model T Ford hat and Ignor.

Because I like those luggage tags. Got them at the pier one year. Didn't like that. Don't really care about the Xpress pass although it does make things easier at check in.

If you don't like all the threads complaining about the website, nobody is forcing you to read them. Just pass on by.

I finally defeated the forces of evil (a/k/a the Celebrity alleged website) by going in through the back door on my fourth try. Yeah me! Boo, hiss to Celebrity!

Every time I have an experience like this with the alleged website all I can do is wonder how Celebrity thinks it is going to attract younger cruisers. They're all used to functioning websites. I can't think they'd have much patience with this if shopping for a new cruise line.

Linda

Let me count the ways.

This happened to me too! I had to re-enter the info at least 3 times on various occasions - I would always get the "reservation is being modified" blurb- at first I panicked.....then I realized I was "experiencing first hand" what CC posters have been talking about incessantly.......the X website.:eek:

Same thing happened when ordering luggage tags.....reservation being modified...until yesterday when it magically worked!!:o