December cruise out of Baltimore

I'm looking at the Carnival Pride 8nt cruise sailing Dec. 26 from Baltimore. We would be driving from Ohio. I'm trying to convince myself I'm not crazy for considering this, given the weather possibilities. We usually don't cruise around Christmas because of the cost of flights, which is why I'm considering Baltimore as a driveable port. Is this new that there are sailings year round from Baltimore? Anyone ever run into weather issues?

I've cruised out of Baltimore 8 times....on the RCCL Enchantment n Grandeur..exclusively from Oct to April. Mostly Dec n January. It is..BY FAR the most accessible easy port. Always on the ship by 11am. It is the north Atlantic...so seas can be rough. But more often than not.....they are calm and beautiful.....I have seen the Grandeur covered in SNOW, with the deck crew throwing first time (for them) snowballs. SEAS were like glass. I've not tried the Pride yet...but I plan on it....in January🙌....go for it...you will not regret it!!!

We are cruising for the first time from Baltimore and in December .We are trying to decide if we should drive from NY and self park.

How far is it from the parking area to the ship?

A couple hundred feet. Almost right next to terminal and ship.

I'm looking at the Carnival Pride 8nt cruise sailing Dec. 26 from Baltimore. We would be driving from Ohio. I'm trying to convince myself I'm not crazy for considering this, given the weather possibilities. We usually don't cruise around Christmas because of the cost of flights, which is why I'm considering Baltimore as a driveable port. Is this new that there are sailings year round from Baltimore? Anyone ever run into weather issues?

We just booked Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore for Thanksgiving 2015. We too are driving from Ohio to save $$ on holiday airfare. I expect the drive to take about 7 hours from Columbus. We are leaving the day before and driving 5-6 hours to Frederick MD. We will finish the drive the morning of.

Consider driving in the day before (esp. in winter) and staying at a hotel or motel that has a park there and shuttle to the port package.

Wear your warm clothes aboard, and be out on deck for departure. It is awesome sailing out, seeing the historic sites, and going under the bridges.