Carnival Cruise Line to Charge for Some Room Service

LauraS

Check out the latest Carnival Cruise Line news from Cruise Critic:

Carnival Cruise Line to Charge for Some Room Service

In all my years of cruising, I have never ordered room service. I don't get it when the food is free. Certainly not going to get it if I have to pay for it. Just get on the elevator and go up and get all you want.

In all my years of cruising, I have never ordered room service.

I don't get it when the food is free.

Certainly not going to get it if I have to pay for it.

Just get on the elevator and go up and get all you want.

I second your emotion!

As long as I have breath in my body, and am fully ambulatory,

I will get my lazy butt up to Lido and get my food up there.

I need the exercise. We all need the exercise!

I have never ordered room service,

would be borderline ashamed to bother them:

I'd have to be almost-dying-sick, both me AND the wife!!

I like to pay a little extra sometimes for a bit better quality. I can buy if I want to but I don't have to. But still like the free stuff to be available if I want it. I like the optional for fee foods to be available if that means keeping my cruise affordable. My husband and I are so glad we found an affordable way to travel and if all the meals tasted as good as the steakhouse, I am just afraid the cruise tickets would be much higher.

I love taking advantage of Room Service options whether I'm on a cruise or in a hotel and I'm certainly not ashamed of it.

It's great after a late night or long day when we just want to relax with the kids and watch a movie.

I'd be willing to pay a small surcharge or a little extra for something more than sandwiches. I think its great.

Majority of us will probably not order the pay items but I am starting to think Carnival will do well with the pay items as some people prefer to have the food delivered to their room instead of walking to the lido deck to grab a bite to eat. Much like how drive thrus are more popular than dining in. Nothing like your stateroom smelling like chicken wings.

Included Room Service on a cruise is a luxury that makes a cruise different from a land-based resort vacation.

For any cruise line to charge for such a service diminishes what the "founding fathers of the cruise line industry" tried to do, which, by the way has been successful, make an all inclusive vacation product.

I will give Carnival's executives credit: they are not sitting in their Coral Gable offices counting paper clips. Some of the "changes" in recent years have worked; some have not.

I won't pay for Room Service. Maybe others will choose to do so. But, thanks for providing additional revenue that enhances my investment in CCL, if you so choose to use this new feature.

In all my years of cruising, I have never ordered room service. I don't get it when the food is free. Certainly not going to get it if I have to pay for it. Just get on the elevator and go up and get all you want.

Where would one get the tray to bring back all you want? Also some cruisers really appreciate room service due to certain health or ambulatory conditions.

I second your emotion!

As long as I have breath in my body, and am fully ambulatory,

I will get my lazy butt up to Lido and get my food up there.

I need the exercise. We all need the exercise!

I have never ordered room service,

would be borderline ashamed to bother them:

I'd have to be almost-dying-sick, both me AND the wife!!

The buffet is not open 24 hours a day. After a night out carousing into the wee hours, we like to order a midnight (more like 2:00 a.m.) snack. The only food available at that hour is the pizza and soft serve, and there is usually a line for the pizza. (Although, I do admit I've stood in that line plenty of times because I WANTED that pizza ;))

In the morning, it's nice to have coffee and breads/pastries delivered to your room while you are not quite ready for a full breakfast or to face your fellow passengers.

I don't order room service for lunch or dinner, but I don't begrudge anyone who does. Why would you ever feel ashamed of taking advantage of a service offered, as long as you make sure to tip.

As a early riser that isn't fully awake until I have had my first cup of coffee, it is nice to have the coffee delivered room service. Only then would I dare venture out for food.

I always order 2 carafes of coffee to my room somewhere between 5-6 am. I am reading and being lazy in my room until my husband wakes up. Wouldnt like it if I had to get dressed to go get my coffee by the cup. So thankful for room service!:):)

Looking forward to the additional items on the room service menu! It will be nice to get wings, a burger, or some sushi as a late night snack as Carnival has yet to step up and offer such products in a 24hr bar like on other lines!

I used room service before(mainly in the morning) and will use it for sure again and the prices are fair. It will be nice to preschedule hotwings to the room after visiting the comedy club or listening to a band.