My review of the Regal 3/29-4/5

lastrooney

We've just returned from this cruise and had a fantastic time!

We usually fly in the day prior, but we just booked a couple of weeks ago and thought, end of March…little chance of snowstorms, we should be ok..we'll fly in the day of. (didn't even check out FLL hotels…figured they'd be full and $$$$)

Sitting on the tarmac in Toronto for almost two hours after scheduled takeoff time, the airline switches planes (thank god as who wants to fly in a broken plane), but it took them two hours to figure this out?? We switch planes and instead of leaving at 745am, we leave closer to noon. The majority of the plane are all going on cruises and everyones concerned about making the ship. A tad stressful.

Long story short, we arrive early enough to stop at CVS for pop and water, and walk on the ship with no lines….easiest ever…about 3:00ish if I recall correctly.

I figure (hope) the whole plane made it to their ship on time.

We were in a forward mini….loved it!! Got to watch Frozen!!! (no kids)

We missed sail away at the Outrigger with our Roll Call :mad: but I wanted to unpack and get organized….my own fault! :eek: I had planned to get the meet and greet info then, but screwed that up as well. Nonetheless, we met lots of friendly people from all over!

We were on this ship/itinerary this past January, and on the Royal, January of last year.

Have to say we love these ships. Our only comparison with Princess is the Ruby. All beautiful ships, and we are extremely fortunate we're able to vacation on them.

This time round we ate only in the MDR, HC/B, Alfredo's, IC, not any of the speciality restaurants. We all know food is subjective, we stayed with the entrees we're familiar with (didn't try the carribean fare), enjoyed all we ate. (we sat at the kitchen table last night waiting for service ;))

We stayed on the ship in Princess Cays, shopped in St. Thomas, and toured in St. Maarten. We've been to these ports numerous times, but have yet to visit St. John. Next time for sure!!!

Watched the shows every night….all the same from January….didn't mind too much tho.

A school band from Ohio were onboard to perform in St. Thomas if I remember correctly. They played a few times thoughout the ship, but we didn't see any.

Enjoyed the 50th Ann. deck party. The original cast were up on the screen, and was fun to reminisce. The kids from the band (whom we're sorry to have missed) were quite the dancers on the fountain deck, and stole the show!

Hung out around the pool in the afternoons on sea days, enjoyed people watching, reading, eating and drinking.

Princess treats us well, we'll be back.

Flight home was on time and uneventful.

All in all we had a great time.

Thanks for the positive comments on the band kids....they are from Edina (MN) High School.

I saw the video of the flash mob during the deck party to Uptown Funk and it looked great. They performed that dance number at their POPS concert in February.

We're very proud to be able to share our band with Princess Cruises!

The band kids I saw were very well behaved except for one small pool shower incident. Overall, I was impressed with them and thought it was adorable that they dressed for dinner in the MDR in the evenings. I am afraid that a few of those boys are probably in a lot of pain today. A large group of them sat at the pool for the last two sea days and never once applied sun screen. By about 2 pm on Saturday afternoon some of them were almost fluorescent pink. The mom in me had to resist the urge to walk over with a can of sunscreen and just start spraying shoulders. :)

The band kids I saw were very well behaved except for one small pool shower incident. Overall, I was impressed with them and thought it was adorable that they dressed for dinner in the MDR in the evenings. I am afraid that a few of those boys are probably in a lot of pain today. A large group of them sat at the pool for the last two sea days and never once applied sun screen. By about 2 pm on Saturday afternoon some of them were almost fluorescent pink. The mom in me had to resist the urge to walk over with a can of sunscreen and just start spraying shoulders. :)

Thanks Cedarmom!

With 130 high school seniors I guess that one small pool shower incident is likely to happen.

Glad to hear they were in their tuxes and gowns for dinner ;-)

They really are a terrific group of kids!

Up until Tuesday before boarding I was scheduled to go, but having just disembarked the Emerald the week before the pragmatic side of me took hold and I did the wise thing and stayed home to work.

I would have done the same thing with the sunscreen.

I will pass your comments along to the band director!

We were on this cruise as well. Had a great overall time. I love the Regal and Royal, but that is probably because of the Retreat pool area. It's wonderfully located for adults, and is a great place to hang out and relax.

We had a great wait staff in the Symphony DR, Ileana and Krishna took very good care of us, and Jose our room steward was top notch.

We had a sideways inside cabin, and I wasn't sure what that might be like, but we loved it. It seemed to have more closet space and I liked having the bathroom and closet area separated from the bed area. I will book a cabin like that again.

There are always things I would like to see change, but Princess does a good job overall with the cruise experience, and we are happy with their product.

The MN high school band was great too!

:o

Thanks for the positive comments on the band kids....they are from Edina (MN) High School.

I saw the video of the flash mob during the deck party to Uptown Funk and it looked great. They performed that dance number at their POPS concert in February.

We're very proud to be able to share our band with Princess Cruises!

Whoops! I stand corrected…..Minnesota, not Ohio! Thank you for clarifying.

The flash mob was awesome and unexpected….awesome to see.

From what we saw of the kids all week, they were well behaved, we're sorry we didn't see them perform.