New Room Service Menu

fl4delis

New Room Service Menu Attached :)

Awesome thank you....I would def pay for that new stuff to come to the room. Happy Carnival is only charging for the new stuff and not changing the regular part of menu by adding a "convenience charge" like Norwegian. While I'm not upset Norwegian is trying this as I can choose or not choose to use room service, just happy Carnival is leaving the tipping of room service to us :-)

Wow, I'm surprised you would pay for that kind of food when you could get it in the lido and just take it to your room. I sure wouldn't. Rather save my money for drinks and get the food I already paid for.

Wow, I'm surprised you would pay for that kind of food when you could get it in the lido and just take it to your room. I sure wouldn't. Rather save my money for drinks and get the food I already paid for.

The lido isnt open 24/7 so for those who like to snack between the hours of 8pm and 7am this is great news!

I believe the lido is closed for a little while before dinner so if my little one requires a grilled cheese at 4 or 5 in the early evening this room service may be the only way to go.

Early seating at 6 in the dining room would be a late dinner for her!

I'm pretty sure Lido is closed at around 10pm. Pizza only. I've also never seen Philly cheese steak or wings available. Just Fingers. On Conquest in a couple of weeks,this menu is available. We will check it out.

It's a lifesaver if you're disabled. Unless you have been in that situation, you don't know how hard it is to bring food back to the cabin from lido deck, or find milk. Many cabins don't have coolers to store milk or food available earlier in the day.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

My only concern is what am I really paying for. $5 for wings, how many? How big or small will that Philly Cheese Steak be? On a tiny hogey bun, or a more traditional bun like you would find in Philly? I suspect some disappointments when the items are delivered and you realize you paid that much for so little.

I think the menu looks pretty decent. There are some items that we Will order. But the thing with Norwegian is that it is 7.95 each time regardless whether you order one thing or a few things. My sisters are cruising in June and each morning one of my sisters orders a pot of coffee and to pay 7.95 is crazy. She is not happy with that because they announced it after they booked the cruise with five other families and please let's not get into about how if she cruises she should be able to afford the additional cost. Spool as long as carnival doesn't start charging a fee for all room service than I am happy with some supercharged.

I'm picturing the chicken bones in the hallways.

There was a problem at work with someone or someones throwing chicken bones in the parking lot. :confused:

I did notice that several of my favorites are gone from the room service menu.

Perhaps to make room for wings and cheese steak.

But we rarely order from room service anyway.

Although I really don't see myself ordering the pay for items, I would be interested in seeing what you get for the money. Like others have said, the $5 pizza, is it a personal pizza or is it a full size pizza? How many wings do you get for that price? My husband loves wings so I could maybe see us getting those one night just for a treat..but it would have to be worth the money. I think I'll stick to my BLT most of the time, however!

As posted on other threads by many people other than myself I love the roast turkey and a BLT and putting the turkey on the BLT. Having said that I would definitely order some french fries with that after a long day in port and the buffet is closed. I'm not big into room service but sometimes it is nice to have. I will probably try the wings and Philly cheese steak and fries combo.

Now only if they added milkshakes to this menu, I'd be a happy man come 21:00 sitting on my balcony(with a cherry on top, of course)

My only concern is what am I really paying for. $5 for wings, how many? How big or small will that Philly Cheese Steak be? On a tiny hogey bun, or a more traditional bun like you would find in Philly? I suspect some disappointments when the items are delivered and you realize you paid that much for so little.

...Have to be honest. My father taught me years ago that not everything has to be done for value. Something you buy something because you want it. If I wanted a Philly cheese steak, and it comes on a small roll instead of a "Philadelphia" sized roll, so be it. I'd enjoy the sandwich, and at that moment, not worry if I got my money's worth.

Doug I agree with everything you just said. If something seems worth it to me I will try it. If I found no value I will choose to not do it again or on a more limited basis. I love convenience though and am always willing to pay extra for it If it's what I want at that moment.

I have for a long time, wished for a cheese plate to be available on the room service menu. (yes I know that I can order it in the mdr for free, and take it back to the room), but I don't go the mdr every night, and sometimes I just do not plan ahead:D

While I always wished Carnival would add a cheese plate to the room service menu, I have always doubted that they would, since I know how expensive cheese is (at least here in Canada). For 6.00, I guess I can somewhere buy a pound of cheese, but on a cruise I do not want a lb of swiss or cheddar or whatever.

On the other hand a plate of a variety of cheeses and some grapes and crackers and bread, for 6.00 is for me an option, to have a treat on my cruise, same as I might sometimes buy a coffee and a piece of that excellent carrot cake from the coffee shop.

IMO, this change is still about options. No one is forced to buy extra, some things are still available without extra charge. I do not get why some people are upset by this.

Ummm so I can get grilled cheese and cookies, included, cool.

But no asstorated cheese plate or fruit plate?

...Have to be honest. My father taught me years ago that not everything has to be done for value. Something you buy something because you want it. If I wanted a Philly cheese steak, and it comes on a small roll instead of a "Philadelphia" sized roll, so be it. I'd enjoy the sandwich, and at that moment, not worry if I got my money's worth.

That's mostly how i feel about vacation, because either way you slice it, I'm not doing the cooking or cleaning, so it's all good!

Edited by Gardeneroflove