Alaska - Norwegian versus Princess

PAFamilyof5

We are looking ahead to summer of 2016, and are interested in taking an Alaska cruise with our 3 boys, who will be 9, 6 and 4 at the time. We are trying to decide between Norwegian Sun or Star Princess. I was wondering if anyone has any insight into the kids' activities on those ships for our ages. The Star Princess features Glacier Bay, but the itineraries are otherwise pretty similar. We would likely get a family suite on the Star Princess and would love to hear from families who have stayed in one. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Seward has loads of interesting activities, more so than Whittier, so this factor would favor NCL. However, if your priority is glaciers, then the Princess cruise, which visits both Glacier Bay and Hubbard, is hard to beat. I would weigh these two considerations, determine my priorities (glaciers vs. land activities in Seward), and then decide on that basis. Kids activities will be fine on either ship.

Summer time should have lots of kids and enough that I'd pick the ship with the best glacier schedule.

We did Princess and were satisfied they offered enough and the best sailings.