New Internet Perk

We are onboard the Liberty and our concierge contacted the Allure- same situation there:

Diamonds have one free 24 hour internet access free, D plus 2x24hours. It is a trial but causes much trouble here. On a 5 or 7 day cruise you have (D Plus) 2 periods of 24 hours each free. That means the other 3, respective 5 days= nada.

It will work great for some passengers but most here complain. They prefer a daily possible access with shorter time limit compared to 24 hour access which will be less worth when in port and during night. The time cannot be stopped, the 24 hours run continuously until elapsed.

P.S. The speed is ridiculous slow- for the above msg it took 10 minutes with 4 time-outs to post.

Edited by christi1805

We are onboard the Liberty and our concierge contacted the Allure- same situation there:

Diamonds have one free 24 hour internet access free, D plus 2x24hours. It is a trial but causes much trouble here. On a 5 or 7 day cruise you have (D Plus) 2 periods of 24 hours each free. That means the other 3, respective 5 days= nada.

It will work great for some passengers but most here complain. They prefer a daily possible access with shorter time limit compared to 24 hour access which will be less worth when in port and during night. The time cannot be stopped, the 24 hours run continuously until elapsed.

Chris (or Eg), can you still get some dollars off a 60 minute plan?

Good luck on the cruise activities!

Chris (or Eg), can you still get some dollars off a 60 minute plan?

Good luck on the cruise activities!

Hi Bob, the cheapest plan you can purchase is the 29,95$ plan whith 24 hrs access. No minute plan available anymore. Either you acceüt the 24 hr plan or you have to jump over board. For those that only logged in for a couple of minutes per day to check their email- bad plan. Just consider a 7 day cruise or even a TA for (D+) with only 2 days access is not a new perk for me bit a severe set-back. I am not a D but I would say for them even worse with only one day access (again, no interruption allowed).

Hi Bob, the cheapest plan you can purchase is the 29,95$ plan whith 24 hrs access. No minute plan available anymore. Either you acceüt the 24 hr plan or you have to jump over board. For those that only logged in for a couple of minutes per day to check their email- bad plan. Just consider a 7 day cruise or even a TA for (D+) with only 2 days access is not a new perk for me bit a severe set-back. I am not a D but I would say for them even worse with only one day access (again, no interruption allowed).

That's unfortunate. Sorry to see the 60 minutes for $30 plan go away.

It sounds like they have extended the horrible drink pricing policy to the internet pricing now.

I think you should have waited to post until you had a little more detail about this breaking news....

Love the diversity of Cruise Critic.

See we differ.

Our family loves when new information is obtained in increments, it keeps the threads alive:eek:, and the information comes pouring in.

Love the OP's topic.

Thanks

Bummer- even with 2 D+ in the cabin getting 4 days it still leaves 3 days on a 7 day cruise for those of us that just use it to check emails each day.

Bummer- even with 2 D+ in the cabin getting 4 days it still leaves 3 days on a 7 day cruise for those of us that just use it to check emails each day.

With 4 days it will work if you only want to check your e mails once per day at around 6 pm. Saw this example on another thread.

This is for A Sunday departure.

6pm Sunday - 6pm Monday............1'st day

6pm Tuesday - 6pm Wednesday.....2'nd day

6pm Wednesday -6pm Thursday.....3'rd day

6pm Friday - 6pm Saturday............4'th day

Not great and I certainly think that they could have given you the minutes to use at your leisure but this should work.

Do not know about the new package but the diamond 60 minutes free on the legend March 20 2015 did us just fine for 10 Days 5 port days we had Wifi and on the ship had are Perk. but now it looks like it is going to receive the Michael Bailey treatment. Oh well was good while it lasted the facebook pictures will just have to wait till port Wfi.

BTW its only 5 cents to receive a text and 50 cents to send one way cheaper then the WIFI Rates and thats on Verizon On the SHip cell service

Hi Bob, the cheapest plan you can purchase is the 29,95$ plan whith 24 hrs access. No minute plan available anymore.

Wow...that is terrible. Suddenly the suite perk looks a lot better.

I'm figuring that non-suite cruises will mean 4 days of free internet access. Two for me, two for my wife, since we're both D+. Really, that's not that bad, although I preferred the per minute package.

I'm figuring that non-suite cruises will mean 4 days of free internet access. Two for me, two for my wife, since we're both D+.

Same for us, but now I'm even more glad I still have a 3G Kindle-3 to take on cruises. That's the one that has a keyboard and a web browser that works through Amazon's Whispernet. The browser works well enough to let me check my email while docked in many ports, so now it will allow me to save those four precious free days for use at sea or in a non-Whispernet country like Belize or Bonaire.

Same for us, but now I'm even more glad I still have a 3G Kindle-3 to take on cruises. That's the one that has a keyboard and a web browser that works through Amazon's Whispernet. The browser works well enough to let me check my email while docked in many ports, so now it will allow me to save those four precious free days for use at sea or in a non-Whispernet country like Belize or Bonaire.

We'll likely do something similar...finding internet access while in port is usually no problem. We have a trans-atlantic next year though...I think it's 8 or 9 straight days at sea. It's tough to find an internet café then. ;-) Fortunately for that one we're going to be in a suite.

Nice, so while many have complains in the past of C&A benefits being cut back...

Some new benefits are being introduced recently like the Diamond Drink coupons and now free internet for D+ and above...

But I still miss the original OBC levels on decide later next cruise bookings done onboard.

What are the Diamond drink coupons?

What are the Diamond drink coupons?

Every guest at Diamond level and above gets 3 drink coupons per evening, to be used at any bar during the normal Diamond Lounge cocktail period. Drinks are restricted to the same types that the DL serves.