Balcony question -stateroom # 767

OPSnorkeler

I've heard good things about these cabins, never stayed in one. They are right under La Palette, which might mean noise in the morning when the deck chairs are being moved about and the area cleaned. There also could be a soot problem from the stack, when the ship is underway--when it's resting at anchor it shouldn't matter since the ship revolves.

Neither of these problems have I experienced, but I've heard about them. And I have smelled soot on the deck out on La Palette in the past--not a bit issue I think, and you are one deck down, so perhaps it's better. They do seem like nice cabins.

I've heard good things about these cabins, never stayed in one. They are right under La Palette, which might mean noise in the morning when the deck chairs are being moved about and the area cleaned. There also could be a soot problem from the stack, when the ship is underway--when it's resting at anchor it shouldn't matter since the ship revolves.

Neither of these problems have I experienced, but I've heard about them. And I have smelled soot on the deck out on La Palette in the past--not a bit issue I think, and you are one deck down, so perhaps it's better. They do seem like nice cabins.

Wendy - That space was even smokier when we first started sailing on the PG! Remember the Connoisseur Club?

Edited by MotuIslander

• 2 weeks later...

I had cabin 767 for the Apr. 11-22 sailing last month. Fabulous cabin!

We didn't have any problems with soot or with noise from La Palette when we were inside the cabin. We could hear talking/music when we were on the balcony.

I was a little disappointed that PG only has a small table and two chairs on the balcony - no loungers. I have been known to take a nap on the balcony and a lounger would have been perfect. The balcony cover was nice the couple days that we had rain. Depending on the ship direction, we had plenty of sunlight afternoon or morning.

Cabin 767 has an oversized shower rather than a shower/tub combo. If you want a bath, you are out of luck.

I was also disappointed with the bedside tables. They are only about 6" wide X 14" long so not enough space to set a clock, book, and glass of water on the top. Silly complaint (I know) but I like to read in bed and have a glass of water available in case I get thirsty at night.

There aren't any drawers in the cabin. We kept our shorts, undies, swimwear on a shelf in the closet.

Our cabin steward was Herlin. We loved her! Anytime we saw her in the hall, she would ask if there was anything she could do for us. The couple things that we asked for (extra hangers and a pillow), she took care of promptly.

The only real complaint that I had about 767 is the air conditioning. The cabin got really warm, especially in the afternoon if the drapes were left open. Once we mentioned it to Herlin, she stopped opening the drapes during the day, and that helped.