Port Canaveral 2016

haehaehaley

I'm sure this has already been talked about so if it has can someone direct me to the thread where it has been discussed? I'm just wondering when and if they'll start posting cruises out of Port Canaveral for 2016?

Thanks!

we have a cruise booked for Feb 2016 out of PC and I check it daily for price drops. You should be able to go to the Carnival site and select the date range and port to see the current cruises planned.

The thread you are looking for is called "dancing of the ships" and John Heald announced today that the "magical" announcement will not happen until next week.

That's too bad. Customers have a tendency to wander away when the competition has product and you don't. The longer the delay, the greater the attrition.

Went to look for cruises between June - August and nothing is showing for Port Canaveral. Its totally grayed out.

They schedule should be coming out soon or the end of this month. That's what happen when I was looking cruises out of Port Canaveral last year. They came out late April 2014.

That's too bad. Customers have a tendency to wander away when the competition has product and you don't. The longer the delay, the greater the attrition.

seriously? people planning a cruise can't wait a little bit for the schedule? seriously?

seriously? people planning a cruise can't wait a little bit for the schedule? seriously?

We have friends who could not wait for the itinerary for the cruise. So they dropped out and found another cruise.

Yes, Seriously. With prices fluctuating (usually up) after itineraries are released, the longer you wait, the more you pay. If cruise line A releases an itinerary you want and is in your price range early in March, and cruise line B waits until late April, it will invariably lose customers to cruise line A.

Yes, Seriously. With prices fluctuating (usually up) after itineraries are released, the longer you wait, the more you pay. If cruise line A releases an itinerary you want and is in your price range early in March, and cruise line B waits until late April, it will invariably lose customers to cruise line A.

And, personally, I want to get the cabin(s) we prefer. We will be a group of 3-4 cabins and like to be near each other and like certain location on the ship.

Edited by laumicmah

Anyone have any idea what ships will be porting in PC? They took away the Sunshine. I really want one with a Guy's but that's not looking like a possibility based on what ships are without itins for Aug 2016.

Ships left without itins and where they are ported last:

Ecstasy (Miami), Fantasy (Charleston), Imagination (LA), Inspiration (LA), Sensation (PC), Valor (PC) and Victory(Miami)

Looks like 1 of the Miami ships will move to PC.

Edited by laumicmah

Anyone have any idea what ships will be porting in PC? They took away the Sunshine. I really want one with a Guy's but that's not looking like a possibility based on what ships are without itins for Aug 2016.

Ecstasy (Miami), Fantasy (Charleston), Imagination (LA), Inspiration (LA), Sensation (PC), Valor (PC) and Victory(Miami)

It was announced yesterday in the local Florida Today newspaper only the Sensation and Valor will sail out of PC for Carnival.

It was announced yesterday in the local Florida Today newspaper only the Sensation and Valor will sail out of PC for Carnival.

This is so not true. John Heald announced that there will be "Magical" news for Port Canaveral, so it's pretty much going to be the Magic that is relocating to Port Canaveral. Therefore, that newspaper is just a rumor.

Edited by FuturzMinion

This is so not true. John Heald announced that there will be "Magical" news for Port Canaveral, so it's pretty much going to be the Magic that is relocating to Port Canaveral. Therefore, that newspaper is just a rumor.

But the Magic is in Galveston until Nov of 2016 so that doesn't help for my Aug 2016 cruise...bummer!

That would be awesome...for me, not the folks in Galveston who are already booked.

If they keep the Magic in Galveston, I'll think that of really unfair. Galveston gets the Freedom, Liberty, Breeze, AND Magic? That wouldn't make any sense. They would get over it if they had to be switched.

Oh that is true. I didn't realize what ships were in Galveston. They have some good ones.

Wait...I thought the Breeze is in Miami...it is for Aug 2016 as that's the cruise I really want to do but we'd have to fly for that and that would make it too expensive for us.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

Edited by laumicmah

Miracle also doesn't have an itinerary after October 8th 2016, so it looks like it is moving too.

Breeze moves to Galveston in November 2016, at that time Magic will move to it's homeport(supposedly Port Canaveral).

Rumor? It came from the Port Director. If you are capable, read it for yourself in the Florida Today news online. Here, I will attempt to make it easier for you.

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/local/2015/04/10/things-know-cruising-port-canaveral/25570741/

in the event this is not good enough for you Call 321-242-3649 or contact Dberman@floridatoday.com and voice your opinion of their "rumors"

Rumor? It came from the Port Director. If you are capable, read it for yourself in the Florida Today news online. Here, I will attempt to make it easier for you.

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/local/2015/04/10/things-know-cruising-port-canaveral/25570741/

in the event this is not good enough for you Call 321-242-3649 or contact Dberman@floridatoday.com and voice your opinion of their "rumors"

In spite of your rudeness, you still obviously did not read the entire article yourself. You say the article says only the Valor and Sensation will be sailing out of Port Canaveral. Maybe you skipped the entire section about the Sunshine offering sailings, including new visits to Bermuda. The article then mentions that Valor has replaced Liberty and Sensation will continue to sail from PC. It contains no information about future ship deployments to PC by Carnival ships which is the subject of this thread.