Port Canaveral 2016

haehaehaley

In spite of your rudeness, you still obviously did not read the entire article yourself. You say the article says only the Valor and Sensation will be sailing out of Port Canaveral. Maybe you skipped the entire section about the Sunshine offering sailings, including new visits to Bermuda. The article then mentions that Valor has replaced Liberty and Sensation will continue to sail from PC. It contains no information about future ship deployments to PC by Carnival ships which is the subject of this thread.

How am I rude? I point out what the paper says. A poster said I was wrong and it was a rumor. That my friend is rude. There is no mention of Magic coming to PC. The Sunshine will be leaving. It it will result in a short term loss of business at Port Canaveral for summers of 2016 and 2017. This is what the OP was questioning. The subject of the thread was what was Carnival doing in PC in 2016. I gave the answer, short and simple. Sorry you do not like the answer. It is what it is.

Edited by rolloman

How am I rude? I point out what the paper says. A poster said I was wrong and it was a rumor. That my friend is rude. There is no mention of Magic coming to PC. The Sunshine will be leaving. It it will result in a short term loss of business at Port Canaveral for summers of 2016 and 2017. This is what the OP was questioning.

How can you state something as fact when it is not? How do you find "a short term loss of business for Port Canaveral for summers of 2016 and 2017"? Carnival has yet to release the schedules for 10 of their ships for the summer of 2016 and hasn't released any schedule for any of their ships past April 2017. By definition you are stating a rumor. Until Carnival releases their schedule for the summers of 2016 and 2017 you cannot state as fact that PC is loosing business.

How can you state something as fact when it is not? How do you find "a short term loss of business for Port Canaveral for summers of 2016 and 2017"? Carnival has yet to release the schedules for 10 of their ships for the summer of 2016 and hasn't released any schedule for any of their ships past April 2017. By definition you are stating a rumor. Until Carnival releases their schedule for the summers of 2016 and 2017 you cannot state as fact that PC is loosing business.

The PORT DIRECTOR John Walsh stated these exact words in the paper. I only passed the article along. Again sorry you do not like what he has to say. Please call them and voice your displeasure. I gave you the number and email.

On the downside, Walsh said, itinerary changes involving the Sunshine will result is a "short-term net loss of business" at Port Canaveral in the summers of 2016 and 2017. The Sunshine will be based primarily in New York those two summers, with some sailings from Norfolk, Virginia, and Charleston, South Carolina.

Edited by rolloman

Some people just like to be stubborn for no reason other than boredom apparently. For everyone else out there worried about Port Canaveral, Jim Berra, Carnival's chief marketing officer, let slip in a radio interview in Galveston that Carnival Magic would be moving to Port Canaveral in 2016. This would be a major upgrade for Carnival ships sailing from this port. Magic currently has sailings from Galveston scheduled until November 2016 when she will be replaced by the Breeze. The biggest questions in my mind are:

1- Will any other ship take over the Sunshine sailings until Magic moves?

2- Will Sensation and Valor both continue to sail from PC after April 2016? Neither have anything scheduled yet.

Carnival says we will find out this week.....

How am I rude? I point out what the paper says. A poster said I was wrong and it was a rumor. That my friend is rude. There is no mention of Magic coming to PC. The Sunshine will be leaving. It it will result in a short term loss of business at Port Canaveral for summers of 2016 and 2017. This is what the OP was questioning. The subject of the thread was what was Carnival doing in PC in 2016. I gave the answer, short and simple. Sorry you do not like the answer. It is what it is.

Are you kidding me? Nothing I said was rude! In your rude response you cited an article to "back you up" and it didn't even successfully do so.

seriously? people planning a cruise can't wait a little bit for the schedule? seriously?

Seriously some peolpe can't wait. My DSIL has to book her vacation time at work at least 10 months in advance, to asure she can get the days she wants. So if the schedule for May 2016 comes out end of April 2015 yeah that makes it tight.

So, what I am looking for is August 2016 (specifically narrowed to 1 week, which makes it very tough)...and now adding maybe end of June (1 particular week again). We want Curacao and Grand Turk. I notice this summer there are 2 cruises in June with these ports, 4 in July and 5 in August...all from 3 ports and on 3 ships. Summer 2016, so far, only has 1 June, 3 July and 2 August...from 1 port/ship (actually there is 2nd port/ship for just 1 cruise out of the 6). So, I am hoping they add more of this itin here soon, when they release all the ships/itins. Please, please, please!!!

is leaving, what is the difference in the two ships:confused:

The Breeze is Carnival's newest ship and has the latest and greatest - Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana Teguila Bar. The interior is more tropical. The Breeze has the 4D Thrill Theater.

Read the Attachment for full details-

But I'm so excited that the Sensation is leaving and Magic is coming!!

In case you haven't read:

BUILDING UPON LEADERSHIP POSITION IN PORT CANAVERAL,

CARNIVAL TO EXPAND CAPACITY ON SHORT CRUISES BY 34 PERCENT

AND OFFER NEWEST CLASS OF SHIP ON WEEK-LONG VOYAGES FROM SPACE COAST

PortCanaveral_PR.ashx.pdf

I too am excited that Magic is coming to PC! I have been wanting to sail her, but didn't want to go to TX. We LOVE to sail from PC, so this is great. :) It will probably be late 2017 or spring 2018 before we can hop onboard, I hope she will still be there at that point!

PC is out for Aug 2016. Liking a cruise on the Valor.

Us too. The moves Carnival made today puts Carnival back on our short cruises to book list. As long as Sensation was in PC, we were very content sailing other lines.