4 Adults - 1 Room Barcelona??

michelle028

Hi all,

Any suggestions for a hotel/apartment rental for 1 night precruise in Barcelona.

We are 4 adults and want to share a room. But I'm finding it difficult to find a hotel room that will fit all of us. So maybe a apartment rental would be better? What do you think?

We are arriving at 12 noon on a Saturday so by the time we check in to a hotel we have 1/2 the day to explore Barcelona. I would like a central location so we can walk everywhere so we save some travel time.

After researching so far I would like to do:

1) See 1 Cathedral (not Sagrada - b/c I know that will take up a lot of time) Save it for a next trip.

2) Take a walk down Las Ramblas

3) Possibly see the beach?

Any tips/ help on where to stay and help on itinerary would be greatly appreciated. First time in Barcelona.

Hi all,

Any suggestions for a hotel/apartment rental for 1 night precruise in Barcelona.

We are 4 adults and want to share a room. But I'm finding it difficult to find a hotel room that will fit all of us. So maybe a apartment rental would be better? What do you think?

We are arriving at 12 noon on a Saturday so by the time we check in to a hotel we have 1/2 the day to explore Barcelona. I would like a central location so we can walk everywhere so we save some travel time.

After researching so far I would like to do:

1) See 1 Cathedral (not Sagrada - b/c I know that will take up a lot of time) Save it for a next trip.

2) Take a walk down Las Ramblas

3) Possibly see the beach?

Any tips/ help on where to stay and help on itinerary would be greatly appreciated. First time in Barcelona.

I doubt if you will find an apt. for just 1 night,but I may be wrong and perhaps someone else will know. I do know that rooms in Europe hotels are smaller thatn US hotels and most hotels limit the number of people in a room.You may try for a family room and other's who have rented one may be able to help there...the other suggestions is to get 2 rooms foe the one night.You could check out the Hotle Colon which is VERY close to the Cathedral as well as right off La Ramblas as it is in the Gothic Quarter.So you could do all 3 of your itin right then and there...There are also some good rests nearby as well. I knoiw from a previous post this is your first trip(cruise) to Euope and don't even think about the Caribe as you ventire around..so so different.Have fun and enjoy.

There are quite a few Aparthotels in Barcelona. The problem with the larger rooms is often that the convenience they afford brings rates that are more than double what 2 hotel rooms might be booked for. Erik Vokel apartments is an example of this type of accommodation.

At the budget end Hostals often have 4 bed ensuite accommodations often with 4 single beds and bath.

I do not normally comment on hotel threads but I will make an exception here

Have you thought about connecting double rooms?

Two hotel that I know have these are

Royal Ramblas - on Las Ramblas so in the location you are looking for

Vilamari - Not so well located but they have a special package for cruise passengers which includes early check-in/late check-out.

check out airbnb.com they have tons of apartments available - we are staying in the gothic quarter for three nights for like 150 euros. :p Plus you get to meet locals who will give you advice on where to go.

I do not normally comment on hotel threads but I will make an exception here

Have you thought about connecting double rooms?

Two hotel that I know have these are

Royal Ramblas - on Las Ramblas so in the location you are looking for

Vilamari - Not so well located but they have a special package for cruise passengers which includes early check-in/late check-out.

Hi Carol!

Love reading your posts throughout the Spain forum:)

What do you think about the Flor Parks hotel?

I agree that 2 rooms would be your best bet - perhaps adjoining as Carol suggested. European hotel rooms are quite small when compared to North American hotel rooms. We once asked for an extra bed in 2 hotels because there were 3 of us (Venice, Barcelona) and the configuration was one double bed and one single bed. This made the rooms very crowded, especially in Venice.

Don't know about apartments as I have no experience renting in Spain.

In 2013 we stayed at the Hotel Lleo pre-cruise, along with our family members who needed a quad. as they have two children. The quad room they had was HUGE and had four twin beds. The room had one bathroom but it was large. Breakfast buffet was delicious.

The location of this hotel is great, just off Plaza Cataluya and near the top of Las Ramblas. I would contact them directly to inquire about the quad room.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

• 2 weeks later...

I did extensive research trying to find a hotel room for four adults (me, my husband and our two sons who's are in their early 20s). After countless hours, I gave up and booked two rooms at Hotel Jazz.

When checking for 4 adults at kayak dot com or at booking dot com you will bring up a great number of properties.

Some of these might turn out to not be exactly what you are looking for but others do lead to actual bookable rooms.

Few are what would be classified as standard hotels.

Prior to rental apartments, Spain had 'Apart-hotels' that do rent by the night.

Hostals at the budget end often have 'quad' rooms with 4 single beds.

We have just booked a "family & friends" room at TRYP Apollo in Barcelona for 144 euros for the night before our cruise departs.This is 2 interconnected rooms with beds for 4. It is a type of suite. They also have family rooms with a king size and 2 bunks. Think they are the same price. I chose it as it is a short walk from the seafront where the cruise shuttle bus departs or a short taxi ride away.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Michelle

We just booked a room with four beds at Hotel Las Ramblas, recommended by our travel agent though we got a much better rate on Expedia. The hotel has three stars, is located right on Las Ramblas and included breakfast.

Good luck, Fiona