Is this Flight Departure Time ok for Fort Lauderdale?

jlf1

Our ship docks in FLL at 7am on Oct 17, 2015. Princess flight guidelines for international flights is 5 1/2 hours after ship arrival i.e. 12:30 pm.

The flight to Toronto is at 12:20. Would this be ok or are we in danger of missing the flight.

Thanks, Judy

Our ship docks in FLL at 7am on Oct 17, 2015. Princess flight guidelines for international flights is 5 1/2 hours after ship arrival i.e. 12:30 pm.

The flight to Toronto is at 12:20. Would this be ok or are we in danger of missing the flight.

Thanks, Judy

You will be fine, its a 10 minute cab ride.

We are at the airport by 9:00.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

You "should" be okay. Just make sure you ask for the earliest disembarkation time. If you can handle your own luggage, you can get off as early as 7 or 7:30. They earlier you can get off, the less backup you can have at customs. When we left the CB on Saturday, The 8:50 walk-offs were held for about an hour because people didn't have their forms completed.

This has been discussed a lot. You should have more then enough time to get to the airport. Just don't hang around the ship too long. Get the earliest disembarkation time. Taking a taxi will be faster then using ship transportation. Nothing is for sure. Ships can always be late so always have a back up plan just in case.

We left the royal on wednesday but with only one other ship in. We had a disembarkation time between 6.30 and 7.00, and we're at the airport by 7 a.m. our flight was scheduled for 10.35. Very fast indeed.

I was on the Oasis couple weeks ago with mom and her friend. I had earlier flight and made it off fine (10:30 flight which I know was pushing it). My mom however missed her 12:30 pm flight because someone tried to smuggle something off the ship and the port held everyone up.

I would definitely walk luggage off and leave ship early for peace of mind. Just my two cents.

Thanks, Judy

We've done that flight before and under normal circumstances you should make it without any trouble.

That having been said, on our way back from one cruise, there was a slow down at the port (due to budget issues so there weren't as many customs people as there should have been) and we almost missed our flight, if not for a Princess agent in the terminal who went through the non-American line calling for all of us with noon flights to come forward and he moved us up to the head of the line.

Keep an eye on the news and see how many ships are in port on your disembarkation day so if you have to choose walk off you can.

Thanks to every one who has taken the time to respond to my query.

Your help is very much appreciated. We have decided to go for it and will do frist available walk off.

Thanks again to all.

Judy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Judy

No problem at all.

Yes, under normal circumstances 12:20 is very doable.

But I think the responders don't realize you are coming off a TransAtlantic. TransAtlantic cruises seem to always take much longer to clear customs and begin disembarkation, so you should either carry off or get the very first number. It could be very close.

Finally this question pops up with an easy answer!

You will be fine.

The ones I hate are the ones where posts ask the same question but with an 8am flight time. Then we get the answers of "sure have made that flight with plenty of time".

I hate to post lotsa luck, but in those cases, that is the answer. In my experience, anything after 10am is an easy call when carrying off your own luggage.

Yes, under normal circumstances 12:20 is very doable.

But I think the responders don't realize you are coming off a TransAtlantic. TransAtlantic cruises seem to always take much longer to clear customs and begin disembarkation, so you should either carry off or get the very first number. It could be very close.

This has been my experience also. I have no problem booking a 10:30 flight after a Caribbean cruise but would never do that after a Transatlantic cruise. Immigration always takes longer after the TA. A couple of years ago I stood in line for over an hour for Immigration and that was after leaving the ship. It also can depend on the number of ships in port that day.

I agree you shouldn't have any problem.

On one cruise, we were at least an hour late getting off as 1st Walk off (due to issues with a passenger I am assuming since they kept calling for someone over and over to come to guest services). Despite that we EASILY made our 11:30 a.m. flight to Canada from FLL.