Check your reservations - price drop

sc2011

Pays to monitor pricing...our November 2016 Panama Canal cruise dropped almost $1250 per person last Friday. Will continue to monitor pricing but even if no more drops, we are thrilled with the price we are now paying.

Tracking several Carib. ITN out of NY on the GEM for Nov. & early Dec. 2015 (not holidays) and as I click - prices went up instantly on the cruise fish dot net site by $50+ or higher p/p

We all need to be extra careful when booking cruises right now. I made a major mistake booking the 15-day cruise on the Gem from NY to SJ Oct.15-30 2016.

The cost for a BX on the 15-day cruise is 2339 base fare, no taxes, however, when booked separately as a B2B 8-day and 7-day the fare is 1948, up to $800 less. You do end up paying 2 deposits but it's quite a savings in the end. Some of the other cruises around that same time frame may have the same pricing issue.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

so if you notice a price drop after you book does NCL match the new low price? If so, how do they refund you? In on board credit? Cash back onto credit card?

If it is before the penalty period they simply re book the cruise under the same reservation number and all.

But be carefulness! We have seen a few price drops for one family traveling with us, but the amount of OBC that they would lose negated any saving. You also will lose whatever promo you booked under if it has changed. Another friend, however, has saved 200 dollars on her mini suite , and she didn't lose any Obc. Timing and demand are everything, I guess!

I have not seen a price drop after final for my particular cruises, so I cannot comment on that. Comments here on Cc have said that some cruisers receive OBC or upgrade if there is a drop after final, but results seem to vary.

Tracking several Carib. ITN out of NY on the GEM for Nov. & early Dec. 2015 (not holidays) and as I click - prices went up instantly on the cruise fish dot net site by $50+ or higher p/p

We are 60 days out and our suite went UP 475 dollars pp last night.

I love the fish!

It doesn't affect me, but there is something about paying less than " sticker price" that makes me feel good. We had already seen 1000 pp increase since we booked in August.

Yikes!