Perks & promotions are not documented on invoice

dsarah

We've made two bookings for 2016 under recent Celebrity promotions (123GO and Spring savings) but the "perks" we selected are not documented on the invoice or under our reservation on the website. We've been told it takes a while for it to get on the invoice or that we should check around final payment time.

It seems strange that the specific promotion is not documented immediately when making a booking. There are so many types of promos out there week after week -- how can we be assured that Celebrity is keeping the records straight if they don't plainly document it on the invoice or website reservation account?

Perhaps Celebrity is hoping that some people will "forget" what they are owed? I know others have reported this problem in forum posts, and have had to visit guest services on board to prove that they are owed OBC, etc.

Has anyone had success in getting their perks and promotions documented on the invoice?

I book directly with Celebrity. All of my perks & promos are always clearly stated on the Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy.

Sometimes it does take a few days for everything to "settle into" the booking, but it will be there. The Resolutions Dept. has to put it there.

If you booked through a TA, just ask them to send you the new Booking Confirmation once everything is on there. Also, if you booked through a TA, you will not be able to see any of this in your reservation on the website.

Patience is a virtue! ;)

p

If you booked through a TA, just ask them to send you the new Booking Confirmation once everything is on there. Also, if you booked through a TA, you will not be able to see any of this in your reservation on the website.

Patience is a virtue! ;)

If you booked with a TA you can see the beverage package on the website. As stated by others it takes some time before these get posted but when it is posted it will show. Go to your reservation on the website, click on View Reservation and on the right side there is Order History; click on that and the beverage package shows there when posted.

If you book with a TA any OBC either from X or the TA will not show on the website.

We've made two bookings for 2016 under recent Celebrity promotions (123GO and Spring savings) but the "perks" we selected are not documented on the invoice or under our reservation on the website. We've been told it takes a while for it to get on the invoice or that we should check around final payment time.

It seems strange that the specific promotion is not documented immediately when making a booking. There are so many types of promos out there week after week -- how can we be assured that Celebrity is keeping the records straight if they don't plainly document it on the invoice or website reservation account?

Perhaps Celebrity is hoping that some people will "forget" what they are owed? I know others have reported this problem in forum posts, and have had to visit guest services on board to prove that they are owed OBC, etc.

Has anyone had success in getting their perks and promotions documented on the invoice?

Should be on there. When we booked a Spring Bev showed up with a zero price. Then about 4 days later, the actual In/Out showed up. But something should be there right away. Then it takes them a few days to actually put the in/out pricing on.

And once the in/out is on the invoice, then I went to my cruise on Celebrity and printed out the bev pkg in Order History showing a zero price for both of us.

Edited by karena1

to you all for relaying your experiences. A little more info on what I experienced --We booked 2 cruises in 2016, more than a year away:

The Spring Savings booking was made directly with Celebrity 2 weeks ago -- we selected "prepaid gratuities". However, both the emailed invoice and our reservation online show the charge for prepaid gratuities in the total amount due (Select dining). But it does show the subtraction for the "spring savings", so that worked! I will call them to get the invoice corrected.

The 123GO booking was made thru a travel agent and their invoice does say the words "123GO" and mentions prepaid gratuities; classic beverage package; and OBC. My reservation online says nothing about 123GO or the 3 amenities. My travel agent did call Celebrity and confirmed that we have the 3 amenities and asked them to add that to the online reservation record. So far, the classic beverage package at zero cost has been added to "Order History" online, but there is no mention of the promotion name, the OBC or the prepaid gratuities. My TA said it takes time to add them and I should reconfirm at final payment.

Some forum posters apparently have had difficulty getting their OBC and other amenities under the 123GO promotion, and have had to "prove" it to guest relations. Celebrity should clearly show the name of the promotion and its amenities on the invoice and the online reservation so the customer has proof of what they purchased.

Unfortunately, you do need to keep on top of this. The perks [often] get applied one at a time but should be there fairly quickly although it did take nine invoices for one of our cruises!

However, things can and do go wrong. It took me 10 1/2 weeks earlier this year and, then, I only got it sorted out after someone on the Roll Call gave me the name of a specific person to contact. In this case, I was told it may take 30 day so, although I knew that something was wrong, I had to wait that long before chasing.

Not the 123 promotion but following a cruise cancellation, it took over a year of constant chasing to get everything correct on our invoice.

For an earlier cruise, I was told that everything was OK and it would show up on our invoice "closer to the cruise". Of course, it did not and was really difficult to get correct so much later. So, keep records of everything and do not let go.

Edited by Project_gal