Platinum Laundry Now One Per Cabin

Starry Eyes

That had been the case on our previous cruises. But on our recent April 11 cruise on the Jewel, we received a voucher with both our names on it and the instructions on the voucher were to put it in the laundry bag with the laundry. It did not say anything about writing Platinum on the laundry list.

Since it said to put the voucher in the bag with the laundry, there was no way to do a 2nd free bag.

Yea well....no real need to put the voucher in the bag. I haven't done that in years. We just write Platinum on it and our room number and last name. We either send out two bags at a time since we're both Platinum or one bag now and one bag later depending on the length of the cruise. Never had a problem.

Harriet

Yea well....no real need to put the voucher in the bag ...

Correct, except NMLady was on the infamous Jewel ship known for doing that, maybe someone is trying to help FDR in coming up with extra micro-savings ... nickels & dimes in a helping way, LOL.

This thread should be a quasi-sticky of must-read on the Jewel Roll Call for CC'ers - I wonder if they will continue to try to do that on this week's sailing, so much for corporate compliance :D :rolleyes:

send from my Google Nexus 5/7 via Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
We've just found out we've only got 20kg / 44lb allowance on the plane for a 14 night cruise with 3 formals. I'm sending laundry out

If you have three formal nights, then you are cruising on some other cruise line, not NCL since there are no formal nights on NCL.

Edited by NMLady

Very good point, we were talking about using laundry and someone said they'd rather not use it and I was saying I have no choice on my next cruise

But I will still be using it on epic in October as we've only got 15kg allowance for that

Ours on the Breakaway came back washed (of course ;)) and neatly folded, not ironed but straighten enough in ready to wear shape ... unless one is very fuzzy about starched iron dress shirt for men, etc.

We always packed travel-friendly clothes for easy-wearing. One can always request loaned iron & board from housekeeping as DIY.

send from my Google Nexus 5/7 MD via Tapatalk

This might be a silly question: when you send the laundry back does it come back washed AND ironed? :confused:

Not ironed (when using the Platinum laundry, or the "fill-the-bag"-offer on board, but some of the items are "pressed" (shirts/pants etc). At least that has been my experience. I also always tick the box for "hangers" on the laundry form, instead of receiving everything folded....

If you would like to have certain items nicely ironed (and don't want to do the work yourself), then you just deliver them separately to "ordinary" laundry prices on board, it is not very expensive if you just have a few items.

Edited by TrumpyNor

This might be a silly question: when you send the laundry back does it come back washed AND ironed? :confused:

Not ironed as with a personal ironing but it evidently goes through some kind of pressing machine since the shirts, slacks come back nicely pressed and on hangers.

My husband wears white T-shirts as undershirts. His came back pressed and on hangers. So after that when I checked the box for hangers I wrote "collared shirts". The next time his Tshirts were pressed but folded in the basket, easier for me to put in underwear drawer.

Edited by NMLady