Bringing wine onboard, experience with connecting cabins...

We are booked in connecting cabins with our children, and on previous cruises we booked one adult in each room entitling us to carry 4 bottles of wine on board. We are presently booked with both adults in one cabin and children in the other so we could take advantage of the bogo drink package promotion. My question is: can we still bring 4 bottles of wine (2 per cabin)? Technically they view our situation age wise as one cabin, meaning since we are connecting the children need not be over 18 to be in their own room. Does anyone have actual EXPERIENCE with this issue? Granted it isn't a huge issue since we already have the drink package, but we do have a couple of special bottles we might like to bring aboard and we like to bring champagne to Labadee.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

You are limited to two bottles per stateroom, so if they keep track of your bottles as they did at Port Everglades a few weeks ago, they will hold all bottles beyond the two.

We have two staterooms, that is why I am curious.

They looked at the stateroom assignment of the people carrying the wine. It did not matter if you paid for another stateroom.

You are limited to two bottles per stateroom, so if they keep track of your bottles as they did at Port Everglades a few weeks ago, they will hold all bottles beyond the two.

This must have started just recently. When we cruised on Allure in December we had 4 bottles with us (we were going from Allure to Silhouette the following week). We expected that 2 of the bottles would be "held" for us, but we went thru security with all 4 bottles, no questions asked. In March when we sailed on Serenade out of NOLA, we had to check our wine in with security. Thought that was just a NOLA thing, but apparently not.

My guess is that RC found that many people were cheating and bringing more than just the 2 per cabin. Kind of like the folks who like to smuggle booze on board.

To clarify...we have on several occasions boarded with 4 bottles of wine, 2 per cabin, with minimal questioning. When we proved purchase of 2 cabins, we were waved on with all 4 bottles and a smile. We didn't necessarily have to prove that there was an adult booked in each cabin, but could have at the time. This time the two adults are booked in the same cabin, so I am wondering if anyone has ever had them ask for verification.

To clarify...we have on several occasions boarded with 4 bottles of wine, 2 per cabin, with minimal questioning. When we proved purchase of 2 cabins, we were waved on with all 4 bottles and a smile. We didn't necessarily have to prove that there was an adult booked in each cabin, but could have at the time. This time the two adults are booked in the same cabin, so I am wondering if anyone has ever had them ask for verification.

It really depends how diligent the screener is being on that particular day for that particular ship.

When we boarded Legend OTS 3/20/2015, we had to go thru additional screening for 2 bottles in Port Everglades.

The funny part and this is the second time we have done this - I had to give one of the bottles to our room attendant! We couldn't even finish the 2 bottles. Of course the drinks in the DL has something to do with that.

I had to do secondary screening also on our March Oasis. Security actually examined my two bottles to make sure the seals hadn't been broken and refilled with something else. After all it was Spring Break!

If it's that important to take all four then go for it and see what happens. Worse case they take two and give them back at the end of the cruise.

I had to do secondary screening also on our March Oasis. Security actually examined my two bottles to make sure the seals hadn't been broken and refilled with something else. After all it was Spring Break!

If it's that important to take all four then go for it and see what happens. Worse case they take two and give them back at the end of the cruise.

True, I could do that and see what happens! I will report back lol!

In February in Port Everglades, my carry-on was pulled aside and the two wine bottles were taken out of their bags and inspected. I was boarding Liberty. The security woman was very nice about it and didn't order me around. I guess I looked like a thieving senior...LOL...:D

Thanks for asking this question - we have the exact situation coming up in June on the Oasis. The kids are 18/19 - and in a connecting room. I thought about seeing if I could change who is on the reservation and have 1 adult in each...but after having so many billing problems I'm not sure I want to risk touching my reservation again.

When we sailed through SJU in March - no one even blinked at the wine in our carryon. But I'm sure PEV is different.

We're gonna try to take 4 and see what happens.

Good idea, let us know how it turns out. We always book one adult in each cabin, and had to upgrade and change names to get the bogoho drink package. Lets hope the name change doesn't affect anything else!

Sailed on Freedom last summer and had the same set up as my upcoming cruise on Indy in July...connecting rooms with adults in one room and kids in another. The rule says "2 bottles per stateroom", doesn't mention ages of people in room, so I will do the same thing as before, bring 4 bottles. Last year they just asked if I had two rooms, didn't even check paperwork. I carried the bottles in a wine bag from Publix so they were out in the open.

So, I have two connecting rooms, one under my name, one under my husband's name, with one child in each. Do you think we're good with four bottles of wine, then? I don't want to end up with an extra two bottles of wine.

You should be fine with 2 bottles for each stateroom.