6-nighter on the Liberty??

Littlegoo75

Hi everyone...it's been awhile since I have posted after being so disappointed from having to cancel my Alaskan cruise due to a flaky friend who decided at that last minute that he couldn't go! And having to cancel my European Liberty cruise due to getting divorced!! I just didn't see the point of going with an ex-spouse!!!

Anyway, I am looking to book another cruise sometime in either January or February, and the one that stuck out the most was the 6 nighter on the Liberty. Has anyone done a 6 nighter before? I would imagine it's more or less the same as a week-long cruise, just w/one less sea day.

I know that the shorter cruises tend to attract more party-goers, which I am cool with, I just want to know what to expect.

I am also wondering if there are 1 or 2 formal nights on a 6-nighter.

It just seems like an awesome cruise...great price, great ports, and a brand spanking new ship.

Anyone booked on this cruise yet? I am thinking that the best time for me to go is over M.L.K. Day week.

we are doing a group on the Liberty for Valentines day. Checkout the link below.

According to the carnival web page there will be 2 formal nights- Carnival has never did 6 night cruises so i guess we have to wait til the first 6 day cruisers head out in Novemeber. (i just cant see 2 formal nights on this cruise 6 days-- 3 ports and Cozumel we are there til 11pm. next day is a sea day which we all have to pack and get our stuff out - cant be bothered with formal night and have to do all that.

We've booked 6-niter on Liberty for 11/20.

We are not big party-goers, but price and ability to drive to/from ( starts on Sunday, ends on Saturday) attracted us alot. :)

I wouldn't call Freeport/Cozumel/Grand Caymans the best port combination though...;)

We're also booked for the 6-night Liberty trip in March (12-18). On Carnival's website, it says all cruises less than 7 nights have only 1 formal night. However, like someone else said, they have not ever done 6 night cruises before, so they may change their minds on this one. I asked the same question awhile back, and one of the regular posters said she saw on Carnival's website where it said the Liberty 6-nighters will have 2 formal nights, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the website. Anyone else seen it there?

I have booked the Jan 1st cruise. This will be my first solo, since my husband passed away I have found it hard to find friends as interested in cruising as I am. I thought a new ship and the good rate Carnival gave me as a solo cruiser was a good place to start to see if I could do longer cruises by myself. I have cruised Carnival before as well as Princess, Holland America, and others, but with my husband or friends. It is not where I go, but just being out on the ocean is the most enjoyable expience. Any comments about solo on Carnival, I am just over 60 and not into party, but very easy going.

retta: the single prince is 745 for the Liberty on February 12th. I thought that was very cheap considering what I was looking at. What was the rate for the January cruise?

THere is an awful lot of solo cruisers on cruisecritc. keep reading the post and sooner or later you will find them,

Another way to cruise solo --look at the group boards and see if something interests you-then jump onto the grou pricing-- you will then find out all abou tthe people before ya sail and make wonderful new crusing buddies.

:) Hey girl~ :) I know just the cruise for you! Liberty...8 day...02/04/06...... We miss you over on the roll call. Drop in to say hi once in awhile! :D .....Deb was in New Orleans during the hurricane.....She's safe at home in Salt Lake now....So sorry you missed Alaska too......Maybe you were just meant to sail with us again.....Are you going to be on Amazing Race this year?

We will be on the Feb 26th sailing. It was a great choice as my wife is a middle school teacher, so coming home on a Sunday before school, was out of the question.

Now we can fly down on Saturday and be home the following Saturday.

Seemed like that cruise was meant for us!

Pricing was great and it's a NEW ship.

I have booked the Jan 1st cruise. This will be my first solo, since my husband passed away I have found it hard to find friends as interested in cruising as I am. I thought a new ship and the good rate Carnival gave me as a solo cruiser was a good place to start to see if I could do longer cruises by myself. I have cruised Carnival before as well as Princess, Holland America, and others, but with my husband or friends. It is not where I go, but just being out on the ocean is the most enjoyable expience. Any comments about solo on Carnival, I am just over 60 and not into party, but very easy going.

I am so sorry about your husband passing away.

I hope you'll find the best and affordable way to cruise.

I am almost in my mid thirties and not a big party girl ;) , but I somewhat like people watch. I am however not sure how I'll like loud announcements all day long.:confused: We shell see.

I know one thing - if the attitude is right you'll have a great cruise(even with minor annoyances) .

Good luck!!!

I am however not sure how I'll like loud announcements all day long.:confused: .

whoooo - i guess when you get soo busy with other stuff on the ship you dont hear them. I dont think i recall ever hearing an announcement --other then dinner is served...lol

We also booked this trip b/c of being able to fly down on Saturday and return on Saturday and have that Sunday off. I personally always need that extra day at home before going back to work. I have laundry to do! :) We were also looking for something not too expensive, as this trip replaced another trip we were supposed to do. (I'm really glad the way things worked out too!) ;)

On the Jan 1st cruise I got a single senior rate at 660. Also what I liked is that some of these cabins have portholes even though they consider them inside. I don't like being on the bottom deck and right in front, but I do like the porthole. Next time I would consider going on one of the group cruises. I have been looking at them and will take this one first and then go for a group cruise.

Hi Holly...nice to hear from you ..I am booked for Jan 29th ...6 day and Feb 4...8 day..we are doing a back to back again..had so much fun last year have to do it again this year..

Sherry and I are still keeping our thread going, along with Debbie , Brent, Rick , Reba, Doris, Perry and Patti, we have all been there on and off..but the nice thing about it is...we are sailing together again as a reunion group...

GARY , JUDY, SHERRY, BOBBY, RICK, REBA, DEBBIE, BRENT, AND A WHOLE LOT OF OTHERS THAT EVERYONE ELSE IS BRINGING THIS YEAR...In our group from Canada there are 10 of us..I know Sherry is bring Son and Girlfriend, Rick and Reba are bring some of the kids also..at least you will recognize some of us..

Nice to see you getting your life back...go for it...Judy

, but I do like the porthole. Next time I would consider going on one of the group cruises. I have been looking at them and will take this one first and then go for a group cruise.

Next time you cruise on a Conquest class check cabin 2462 or 2465- (actually should check and see if that cabin is available for your cruise now. these two cabins are lots bigger then the ones up front--plus they have two windows insoead of portholes.

Sherry and Judy!!!!

hey you guys!!! I so want to do the reunion cruise, but I am really looking for the cheapest cruise possible, and also, the 6 night cruise is over MLK week, so I will only have to use 4 vacation days opposed to 5-6. I like how it leaves on a Sunday and comes back on a Saturday.

I want to go on another cruise NOW!!!! I don't want to wait until January....it makes me so mad that I was supposed to be getting ready to cruise on the Liberty a month from today......Oh well.....Europe isn't going away anytime soon, so I can always try for next year. Money is just tighter now that I am on my own, and paying my own mortgage, etc. So, I might have to settle for vacationing less then I was accustomed to. Oh well.

I might even consider doing a 4 or 5 day just to get over my cruise and gambling withdrawl...I just hate that the airfare has to double the cost....I can cruise for $250, but it costs that much just to get there.....all of those that live in Florida have it made when it comes to cheap cruise deals!!!!

I haven't ruled out the reunion cruise just yet..........my plans are still up in the air!

Holly

Born2crooz

Hi fellow NH cruisers. We have a family of 8 cruising on this sailiing. My

husband and I live in the center of NH, Lebanon area, and my two

daughters and families live on the coast near you. One lives in Fremont

the other in Hampton. We'll have five adults and three children, 18 months

thru 9 years. We're flying down on Saturday and flying back the following

Saturday. Maybe we'll see you one the ship!!!

Joyce

Jimbug - we are in the process of booking March 12-18 on the Liberty for our March break. Will be travelling with children ages 12 - 16.

Last year during March break we cruised on NCL and had a great time. I'm sure we'll have a great time on the Liberty. Last time I cruised on Carnival was in 1983 (seems like a lifetime ago). I'm sure it's changed since then!

Is Carnival still "the party ship"?

Archived