Daam Hats

JoyAnn

I could not order a new "Daam Hat" for my hubby from gift services as I did for our Alaska cruise. Does anyone know if they are selling them in the gift shops on the ships now? At one point you could not get them at all (only crew members had them), then they offered them on the gift form and outside the Java Cafe along side the Daam Good Cook aprons. Now they are not on the form.

OK, I'm trying to fill my time in before we leave, so humor me.

;-P

The dam hats were available in the smaller gift shop on the Windmills and Waterford Cruise - Prinsendam 8/23 to 9/6 2005. The caps came in 2 color choices - all navy with white writing and white cap with blue bill and navy writing. One style was $16.00 and the other $20.00. We were able to get the all blue version last weekend for $12.00 - a one day sale.

Kay Stroud, Las Vegas

Thank you Kay, another thing to note in my little travel notebook.

Are you the doxiemom who posts on CourtTV message boards?

The dam hats were available in the smaller gift shop on the Windmills and Waterford Cruise - Prinsendam 8/23 to 9/6 2005. The caps came in 2 color choices - all navy with white writing and white cap with blue bill and navy writing. One style was $16.00 and the other $20.00. We were able to get the all blue version last weekend for $12.00 - a one day sale.

Kay Stroud, Las Vegas

Thanks so much, copper, I'll be looking for them when I'm on board the Statendam next week.

I am getting very excited now! Sept. 16 is right around the corner.

They were selling the Dam ship hats as well as shirts on the Rotterdam last month in one of the gift shops

Have a great cruise!

Thanks so much, copper, I'll be looking for them when I'm on board the Statendam next week.

I am getting very excited now! Sept. 16 is right around the corner.

They were selling the Dam ship hats as well as shirts on the Rotterdam last month in one of the gift shops

Have a great cruise!

Thanks, Peaches. I guess they realized these are popular. We tried to bribe one of the crew to give us their hat on our first cruise, but no dice. I was so happy when I saw they had started to sell them.

On the Volendam in April also.

Hope that you can come up with a cap. No, I am not the doxiemom that posts on Court TV. I have been a fan of the show in past years though. It is of interest to me as to how they are being closed out of so many trials these days. My interest has waned as a result.

Thanks for letting me know, I've been dying to ask you.

Hope that you can come up with a cap. No, I am not the doxiemom that posts on Court TV. I have been a fan of the show in past years though. It is of interest to me as to how they are being closed out of so many trials these days. My interest has waned as a result.

Have a great cruise!

I sure hope they sell those nice HAL windbreaker jackets on the Amsterdam in January. The one I had tore, and the material is very hard to effectively repair. My jackets tend to get hard wear ... sometimes I carry around a brief case with about 20 pounds of crap in it. That thing pulling on the shoulder tends to cause rips. So, I would like to pick up a couple of new jackets since they are actually of pretty good quality.

Blue skies ...

--rita

If you mean the lightweight jackets that have a toggle pull on the bottom of the jacket to cinch or not and the hood is zipped into its self casing when not used, I have not seen them for a little while. DH and I have about 3 each and we love them for travel. I never used them at home but on the ships we find them perfect.

There is a new jacket they are selling which I don't think is as good. Also, it has a lightweight cottom liner which I think makes it heavier than we want.

I hope to find more of those jackets and if I do, I'll buy a few spares for us to have if we rip, lose or stain ours.

DAM hats and T-shirts were on the Zuiderdam this past April...we were able to get both. Noticed that on the last couple of days, the white-with-blue lettering shirts were completely sold out, and only a few off-sizes of the navy blue shirts remained. The hats were also sold out.

Playing trivia on board the Prinsendam last June was great fun and my team won several prizes, among which was a dam hat.

Later this summer, I wore it to the beach in New Jersey. From the expressions on the faces of my grandchildren, I could tell I looked like a dam fool.:rolleyes:

Don't care. :D It will be in my luggage when I board the Maasdam next March, and nobody'd better laugh.

I wore my "dam" ships T-shirt to work after my cruise, and had taken some of our disabled clients shopping at Wal Mart. I heard a "little old lady" type loudly whisper to her equally "little old lady" friend that "such vulgarity should not be worn in public"!! Guess I'm glad I won't be seeing these two on any of my future "dam" cruises!

I bought my niece one of the aprons they were selling on the Veendam that said "Dam Good Cook."

Hope they have the umbrellas for sale in Oct. on Zui. Another posting mentioned at one point they were selling them and they said "Dam" Rain on them! Love it!

Some people have no sense of humor or they can't spell. I guess they forgot that "damn" has an "n" at the end as in "damnation."

I wore my "dam" ships T-shirt to work after my cruise, and had taken some of our disabled clients shopping at Wal Mart. I heard a "little old lady" type loudly whisper to her equally "little old lady" friend that "such vulgarity should not be worn in public"!! Guess I'm glad I won't be seeing these two on any of my future "dam" cruises!

Archived