Star Princess Coastal Hits and small misses

gnatz007

Thank you!

Still upcoming:

More pictures of the Star

Pictures of the nightly menu's (if you folks are interested)

Thank you so much for your review, and yes, yes, yes, MORE PICTURES, please--of the menus, ship, anything. It's just wonderful, and as a future Star cruiser, I'm most appreciative!

Edited by Mackenzie1

Everytime the room steward would take care of the room, he would move my sons stuffed animal that he got at the SD Zoo. It would crack my son up, like the animal was moving on its own in a Toy Story kind of way.

16971039348_022a0e788c_b.jpg

I was hoping the safe would have been big enough to fit my 13" MacBook Pro. Yeah... not even close. Even my iPad Mini felt like it barely fit. I would just put the MBP under a pile of clothes and never really worried about it.

17172326362_8dfb3440ba_b.jpg

We only had one tender port, Santa Barbara. I'm not a huge fan of the tender, but was glad my kids were able to experience it. We took our time getting off, and only waited about 5 mins. One thing thats cool about tender ports, you can always get cool pics of the ship by herself.

16522240383_f4aa8d2a2f_b.jpg

17116462836_563f0ce500_b.jpg

17158184081_62aa396bb4_b.jpg

16972634619_640d7cfd0f_b.jpg

There were some youngins in a sailing class that were just cracking us up. They were rocking it! Hopefully our tender didn't didn't mess them up to much! I think some were nervous as we slowly scooted by them.

17148043326_653781541d_b.jpg

The whole hoisting the tenders onboard was alot of fun to watch from the Promenade deck. Our kids were totally enthralled by it. The Crew was pretty upset, because we were waiting for over an hour for a missing passenger and they were behind schedule. I gathered they were getting alot of pressure from the captain to get the two remaining tenders on board quickly. (but safely)

17142408915_670ab1c1d1_b.jpg

17140833472_a9d5bdb5d3_b.jpg

Here are some menu pictures. I'll try and get them in order.

Sunday: Easter Dinner -- I ordered the Seared Diver Scallops.. OH MY! one of my favorite dinners of the cruise.

16567816873_2520a61779_b.jpg

Second Night - Formal Dinner - I ordered the Beef Medallions -- Not bad, but not great either. should have ordered the Tri Tip. The Intermezzo's were always great... TBH the Princess Dinner was my least favorite (our family said that after the trip)

17186345972_0c24cb5f20_b.jpg

17187984565_ddfb588c6d_b.jpg

Third Night -- Dunno what night they called it -- I ordered the Grilled Seafood skewer. Another winner! so fantastic. the Chilled Granny Smith and Cider soup was like an apple pie soup... So awesome!

17186345482_321de2a136_b.jpg

17187983725_f4f7cca7d4_b.jpg

Thank you for sharing all of the pictures and your experiences. The Star is our favorite ship and we have always found that they are constantly taking care of rust and other maintenance stuff, so it's disappointing to hear that they didn't live up to expectations there. But it's clear that you didn't let this ruin your cruise and had a fabulous time with your family. We are looking forward to our cruise in August on the Star and sure hope those giant lobster tails are still on the menu. :D

I am loving this tour! My grandsons love to play chess with Grandpa on the giant chess set. You bring back such memories for me... We always like to go to Skywalkers (when there is one) to watch for the late-returning passengers after a shore excursion. There's always somebody. :)