Suite Dining options

seapointer

We booked a SkySuite on Connie for Aug. 23. I believe that the new suite restaurant will be our primary venue. Last year we had a Sky Suite on Summit and were allowed to eat in Blu. Will this still be the case? Also, is all suite dining on a come-when-you-like basis?

We booked a SkySuite on Connie for Aug. 23. I believe that the new suite restaurant will be our primary venue. Last year we had a Sky Suite on Summit and were allowed to eat in Blu. Will this still be the case? Also, is all suite dining on a come-when-you-like basis?

Right now Blu is still an option to suite passengers...Suites are anytime dining.

In luminae you can dine when you like. At the end of each evening they do appreciate it if you can give them a rough idea of the time you want to dine the next day. We have seen no queueing for places, however, a few people have preferred to wait a couple of minutes for a window seat.

Blu remains open to you. A couple of suite guests on our cruise have also chosen to dine in the Mdr (I think to join friends) - no problem again.

On previous cruises in Aqua Class, we've had to wait to get a seat in Blu (around 8-8:30pm) because of all the suite guests dining in Blu. I'm hoping that suite pax will dine in their own dining room from here on out, or if they want to dine in the MDR with friends, ask the Maitre'd to get them a reserved table at one of the two traditional dining times.

My question is this: Since suite dwellers have the option to dine anywhere, where will the prepaid gratuities go??

If I have 2 dinners in Blu, 3 in Luminae, and 2 in specialty restaurants, who will get the gratuities?

Right now I am booked on the April 25th Summit cruise. My reservation shows me eating LATE in the MDR. I won't be eating in the MDR. I want my gratuities to go to the waiters who actually serve me. To that end, how do I communicate that to the folks on Summit?

Your named restaurant will be luminae and I am fairly sure your gratuities will go there.

When we dine in specialities we add a tip at the table as I am sure most cruisers do.

On previous cruises where we have dined in Blu as suite guests for breakfast we have shown our appreciation to individual staff who have served us with a cash tip at the end of the vacation.

My question is this: Since suite dwellers have the option to dine anywhere, where will the prepaid gratuities go??

If I have 2 dinners in Blu, 3 in Luminae, and 2 in specialty restaurants, who will get the gratuities?

Right now I am booked on the April 25th Summit cruise. My reservation shows me eating LATE in the MDR. I won't be eating in the MDR. I want my gratuities to go to the waiters who actually serve me. To that end, how do I communicate that to the folks on Summit?

I'm sure your tips will follow you to the dining venue. I know in Blu, they ask for your room number.

On my last cruise the Maitre'd in Blu was concerned that when they opened up the Suite Dining, those guests either wouldn't be allowed to or opted not to dine in Blu, and that would be lost revenue for the Blu wait staff.

We were on the Constellation last week, and had the great fortune of being able to dine in Lumanae as suite guests. FYI- it is a wonderful option with very good service and food. I too was worried about the pre-paid gratuities as we also ate in Tuscan and Ocean Liners and I wanted to make sure that the staff in Lumanae was compensated appropriately. I asked the front desk staff and the head maitre' de and could not get a solid answer from either . I was just told that they would "probably" receive the pre-paid tips and that anything extra was up to us. We ended up handing out more tips on the last night because of excellent service, but ended up spending way more on tips. It is confusing, and Celebrity needs to make it clear that the Lumanea staff will get the largest portion of the dining tips.

On my last cruise the Maitre'd in Blu was concerned that when they opened up the Suite Dining, those guests either wouldn't be allowed to or opted not to dine in Blu, and that would be lost revenue for the Blu wait staff.

With all the customer as well as employee concern (warranted) about where gratuities go when people are dining in various venues, it seems like another good reason for Celebrity to go all-inclusive IMO. ;)

We seem to have this discussion about "who gets my tip" every week or so on CC. Does it really matter? Tips are pooled...none of us know the pools. If I were a guessing person, I'd say suite gratuities for waiters all go to Luminae. Now if suite guests go to a specialty restaurant, blu or the MDR, do you think the waiters assigned to Luminae should be financially punished? It's much easier...and more likely, irrespective of posts from those who claim to have inside info...that the "waiter" portion of you gratuities goes to the dining room to which you are assigned. If you go to a specialty restaurant, the gratuity is part of the upcharge.....they don't take your gratuity from Luminae and move it to Murano.

Net....stop worrying who get's YOUR tip. If you think you have received exceptional service, leave an additional tip in any restaurant. If not, I think it's pretty safe to assume the waiters will get a tip based on your presence in a specialty restaurant...and they won't be punished if you don't eat in Luminae or Blu.