Tahiti or Mediterranean for Honeymoon??

julybride

We are getting married next July 8 and cannot decide on where to go for our honeymoon. We either want to go to Mediterranean or Tahiti for 10-12 day cruise. Has anyone cruised to both places and can recommend which would be better for a honeymoon? Advice please! :) Anything would be helpful! Thanks!

Tahiti - Tahiti - Tahiti, much more romantic. In Tahiti you can find spots all by yourselves. Med in middle of summer you will have crowds. However, it really comes down to what the two of you are more interested in. Exotic beauty and the most incredible water or sightseeing and cool history. Either way congratulations and have a great time!

Tammy

We did the Med. for honeymoon (Aug '01) and Tahiti (July '05) for vacation.

Yes, Med. is very hot during the summer.

Tahiti is "winter" during our summer month so weather is better, but still hotter than Med. from what I remember.

Med. pretty much non-stop site seeing, shopping, and not much down time. But it was a life time dream of mine to see the Coliseum and walk in Pompeii.

Tahiti was very relaxing. Other than getting cert. for scuba during the trip, we pretty much do nothing else (gain a pound or two:p ).

We love both trip. I did not regret going to Med for our honeymoon.

Actually, I am glad I did, because the EURO jump so much for the past 4 yrs, we would have paid more than double the expenses if we have gone this yr instead. Also, before the wedding, there is no way we can get started and prepare for the scuba, which was the main reason of going to Tahiti is to see the coral reefs and meet the sharks.

So you and your husband have to decide what you want to do during your honeymoon and don't worry about it.

Have fun!

Cindy

We actually had the same discussion for our honeymoon, but decided on Tahiti. I've been to Europe before, but my DH hasn't, and I don't think that he would like that he has only 8 hours to see Rome or Barcelona etc. We plan to do a land trip there so things aren't so rushed. We wanted a romantic, relaxing, fun in the sun type honeymoon, and preferably a cruise, so Tahiti was it! Good luck!

Archived