Air credit on British Isles cruise for UK citizens

turnip eater

I asked our TA for the cost of a certain Southampton to Southampton cruise around the British Isles, which quoted inclusive flights. As we live within an hour's drive of Southampton UK, we asked for a credit against the included flights. Our TA said that Oceania weren't giving credits. Now we've been on several O cruises and we've never had a problem getting a credit for inclusive flights that we haven't used.

Has anyone else had this happen?:confused:

I asked our TA for the cost of a certain Southampton to Southampton cruise around the British Isles, which quoted inclusive flights. As we live within an hour's drive of Southampton UK, we asked for a credit against the included flights. Our TA said that Oceania weren't giving credits. Now we've been on several O cruises and we've never had a problem getting a credit for inclusive flights that we haven't used.

Has anyone else had this happen?:confused:

I don't know the answer for sure but if the price is in £ sterling could it be that since the majority of £ paying passengers wouldn't need a flight the cruise has been costed as a cruise only.

I suspect they've looked at your postcode and worked out where you'd be flying from to reach Southampton!!

My guess is the cost of a flight from your nearest airport, Southampton, to the cruise departure point, Southampton is maybe nil and that's what they'll refund you.

If you know anyone in Inverness ask them to get a quote and see if the answer is the same. :D:D

I suspect they've looked at your postcode and worked out where you'd be flying from to reach Southampton!!

My guess is the cost of a flight from your nearest airport, Southampton, to the cruise departure point, Southampton is maybe nil and that's what they'll refund you.

If you know anyone in Inverness ask them to get a quote and see if the answer is the same. :D:D

No, we looked on the website and it stated flights included. The website wouldn't know where I was booking from . I know that some sites ask to use your location, but O's isn't that sophisticated.

No, we looked on the website and it stated flights included. The website wouldn't know where I was booking from . I know that some sites ask to use your location, but O's isn't that sophisticated.

You said you asked your travel agent. Could it be that customers of South Coast TAs don't get the credit?

Which cruise is it - ship and date? Every so often Oceania's website comes up with the US version on my computer which is what it's doing now, and it doesn't have a British Isles cruise section - probably thinks we're in the Med! Means I can't find a So'ton cruise.

This is a worrying development :confused:.

mmm interesting.

I don't have next years brochure by me but in this years all the other cruises first day start with "fly to ....." except the Southampton ones which don't mention any flight.

I suppose there's no such thing as a free lunch so we shouldn't expect a free flight. Have you read through all the small print?

I wonder what UK advertising standards would say.

mmm interesting.

I don't have next years brochure by me but in this years all the other cruises first day start with "fly to ....." except the Southampton ones which don't mention any flight.

I suppose there's no such thing as a free lunch so we shouldn't expect a free flight. Have you read through all the small print?

I wonder what UK advertising standards would say.

It states on the website Free Flights against this cruise.

You said you asked your travel agent. Could it be that customers of South Coast TAs don't get the credit?

Do they put out different rates & perks if you live in the North U.K. & South U.K.?

Seems odd they would have different rates

We get the same rate as people in Fla when leaving out of Miami if we wanted the cruise only fare

Just saying

Lyn

Do they put out different rates & perks if you live in the North U.K. & South U.K.?

Seems odd they would have different rates

We get the same rate as people in Fla when leaving out of Miami if we wanted the cruise only fare

Just saying

Lyn

Good point:o