I'm back

MrsMoose2001

Hi, I'm back this evening, and before hubby hogs the computer, or I forget, I promised to write about a few products and I want to do this since everyone was so helpful here.

Earplanes worked well. While I still had some minimal discomfort, they worked really really well for hubby and myself.

Airborne, did not make me feel "awake". I could have slept would I allow myself to sleep on the plane.

Same with Afrin and Sudafed, as I say I could have slept.

Hubby and I had no upset stomach or anything for Airborne. Doesn't taste bad or anything.

I did not get sea sick even though it was rough about 3 nights, but even I was I got off the ship in Vancouver on Wed and stayed there for 2 days, I still feel a bit like I'm on the ship and it's rocking.

I hope this will go away soon. Actully feel it more tonight (got home about 3 hours ago) than I did yesterday.

thanks to everyone for all your help and advice and info, very much appreciated and I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will help if I can

I'm glad you were able to find something that made it possible for you to fly. I hope the cruise was amazing. If you are still rocking, you might try taking some bonine (sea sick medicine) now. I have troubles adjusting once I get back on land (one time it lasted over 4 weeks) and so I take sea sick meds to avoid it.

Oh my, thank you, if it doesn't stop I will take a Bonnie. I have to wait a bit as it says not to use with other antihistqamines etc and I used Sudafed and I can still feel the drug in me (had to take it for flying)

Thank you for your kind words. I would not rush back on a plane but at least I didn't suffer to much and my ears are fairly normal and not in pain and I can hear (touch wood).

I don't know how y'all do it, fly, go on cruise ship, get off cruise ship and fly immediately. I could not have done this trip if I did not stayover 1 night going and 2 nights coming back. You all are amazing for the way you travel.

As for cruising, I can't say I love cruising. It has it's good points (only have to unpack once) and it's drawbacks, we would have liked more time in each port, we really felt rushed and pressured to see things and of course we had to make hard choices on things we wanted to see and do in each port which was hard for us. The dinners are way to long and way to much food.

The cruise actually would have been much more enjoyable for us if they would have let us eat the room service menu in one of the bar/lounges. Radisson is a beautiful ship, service top notch, room was a decent size as was the bathroom and walk in closet with plenty of drawer space, the food was ok, but not what I would call outstanding. I've eaten as good if not better. It's open seating which is great, I was very careful about that as we would not have accepted an assigned time to eat (I needed to take a nap after some shore excursions for health reasons).

I really wish to thank everyone here for help with my earplane questions and other questions. It made a big difference to me.

I wish you all healthy, happy and safe travels.

If anyone has any questions, just ask

Mrs. Moose: Maybe next time you go on a cruise try Princess and anytime dining. You can choose if you want to eat in the dining room or at the buffet or just a light snack. I ususally cruise with Princess and sometimes I agree eating in the dining room at a set time is just not right for me. So we end up going to the buffet, get something light and just relax. I am glad you did not have too much of a problem with flying. I agree with the rest of the people and take Bonine. You do feel rocky a few days after, but it does go away.

marilyn

Thank you. I couldn't take the Bonnie because of the other meds I took to fly and it says they can't be mixed.

I did put on the braceets (that I didn't need at sea, lol) and I'm feeling better I think. I'll keep the bracelets on and see how it goes befoe I take a Bonnie, but I'm happy to hear that I'm not th only one and that it does go away.

thanks so much for your hep.

I don't know how y'all do it, fly, go on cruise ship, get off cruise ship and fly immediately. I could not have done this trip if I did not stayover 1 night going and 2 nights coming back. You all are amazing for the way you travel.

The cruise actually would have been much more enjoyable for us if they would have let us eat the room service menu in one of the bar/lounges. Radisson is a beautiful ship, service top notch, room was a decent size as was the bathroom and walk in closet with plenty of drawer space, the food was ok, but not what I would call outstanding. I've eaten as good if not better. It's open seating which is great, I was very careful about that as we would not have accepted an assigned time to eat (I needed to take a nap after some shore excursions for health reasons).

We usually go a day or so ahead of time but are ready to come home after the cruise.

We never eat all the courses at dinner, maybe an appetizer and entre or we go to the buffet where we can just get a few choice items.

You may like Oceania cruises with the open sitting and I think you can order the same dinner menu for your suite.

We take some shore excursions but not always, sometimes we just wander on our own.

Lots of people book private tours and can travel at a pace that suits them not the cruiselines.

Hope you enjoy your next cruise ;)

It was all open seating, and we could have ordered en-suite but while we had suite, I still felt it cramped for dinner en-suite (breakfast was fine). I don't like buffets much, and they didn't really have one for dinner on this cruise, it was all open seating, any one of 4 restos, but all took long the shortest was 2 hours which was long for us.

Thank you so much for all your good wishes and suggestions.

Archived