Epicurean

Dorset Cruiser

Does anyone know just which chef will be responsible for the new Epicurean restaurant planned to take over from The White Room next year on Ventura? Will it be Eric Lanyard?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Eric Lanlard is a patisserie chef so the only involvement for him in Epicurean is afternoon tea. There is no celebrity chef involved in the evening meals. A bit like Seventeen on Azura,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Epicurean on all the ships has no celebrity attachment the food is all designed and cooked by in house chefs.

That is a bit of a let down. Presume they cook for the MDRs as well. Its always been a bit of a treat to visit a restaurant under the auspices of a 'celebrity' chef. Still we loved the Pennant Grill on Aurora and that was staffed with in-house chefs and was superb. Mind you, they got rid of that as well. Cruise companies seem to delight in change for change sake 😔

Will just have to make do with Sindhu 😄

Hi,

Does anyone know when The White Room will change over to Epicurean? I was on the Ventura in March and The White Room was still there. I have another two cruises booked this year on the Ventura and we picked to go on this ship because we love The White Room so much. I will miss the ribeye steak and the Marco Pierre White Strawberry Soufflé.

Jenny

That is a bit of a let down. Presume they cook for the MDRs as well. Its always been a bit of a treat to visit a restaurant under the auspices of a 'celebrity' chef. Still we loved the Pennant Grill on Aurora and that was staffed with in-house chefs and was superb. Mind you, they got rid of that as well. Cruise companies seem to delight in change for change sake

Will just have to make do with Sindhu

Not at all XV11 on Azura has never had any connections with a celebrity chef and all food cooked is cooked to order by highly trained chefs who only work in speciality restaurants and food served is first class and as good as any celebrity chef. This restaurant is now having its name changed to Epicurean as well as White Room on Ventura to match Britannia in which the meal onboard on the maiden was excellent.

Edited by majortom10

Hi,

Does anyone know when The White Room will change over to Epicurean? I was on the Ventura in March and The White Room was still there. I have another two cruises booked this year on the Ventura and we picked to go on this ship because we love The White Room so much. I will miss the ribeye steak and the Marco Pierre White Strawberry Soufflé.

Jenny

The 2016 deck plans show it gone and Epicurean in its place. I am sailing on 18 January 😔