Deluxe superior balcony cabin

Jo and Rob

We have been allocated a deluxe superior balcony cabin for our guarantee balcony on Ventura. We are really pleased having lost out on our booked stern facing cabin on Britannia in March.

As this is a 4 night mini-break will we still get the canapés and if so which night do you get them and do they arrive automatically or do you have to order them? Also it mentions champagne, is that for cabin consumption?

Do all of these cabins have baths? If so it sounds a bit like the mini-suite we had on our first ever cruise in Crown Princess back in 2010.

I would be very grateful if you would share your experiences of this grade cabin.

many thanks

Hi Joe and Rob

Superior deluxe cabins normally have bottle of champagne on arrival, bowl of fruit , small box of chocolates, flowers in cabin, canapés twice on 14 night cruise you do not have to order( personally I would quite happily miss out on them).

You get P&O slippers(I have big feet they don't fit), towelling bath robes, binoculars and an atlas.

Out of them all I am quite happy with the cabin which we have had three times, only a shower no bath, the bath robes and champagne are fine but the rest I can do without.

Do enjoy your cruise.

We had one on our previous cruise on Ventura. Nice cabins with a few extras but no bath. They are very similar to Princess minisuites and will be ideal with your two children. Lucky you. Hope it goes some way to make up for your letdown over your expected aft cabin on Britannia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We've never had canapés included with our cabin before so we will enjoy the novelty even if they are not over exciting. Strange about the bath as the deck plan suggests that it does have a bath. Well we will know in four weeks either way. :)

I like the idea of all the little extras!!

We have been allocated a deluxe superior balcony cabin for our guarantee balcony on Ventura. We are really pleased having lost out on our booked stern facing cabin on Britannia in March.

As this is a 4 night mini-break will we still get the canapés and if so which night do you get them and do they arrive automatically or do you have to order them? Also it mentions champagne, is that for cabin consumption?

Do all of these cabins have baths? If so it sounds a bit like the mini-suite we had on our first ever cruise in Crown Princess back in 2010.

I would be very grateful if you would share your experiences of this grade cabin.

many thanks

Hi Jo & Rob YES Superior Deluxe Cabins on Ventura & Azura DO have baths in them - you will enjoy this style of cabin - all the little extras are nice to have - hope you have a great time ENJOY :)

Your review of BRITANNIA was absolutely brilliant thank you

Edited by yamanid

Hi Jo & Rob YES Superior Deluxe Cabins on Ventura & Azura DO have baths in them - you will enjoy this style of cabin - all the little extras are nice to have - hope you have a great time ENJOY :)

Your review of BRITANNIA was absolutely brilliant thank you

Fantastic! Thank you :)

Hi Jo &Rob

Loved your review of Brittania.

I struggle with the technology but here is a pic of our Superior deluxe on Azura - I can't seem to post 2 pics at once so another will follow!

This one is of the sitting area....

image.jpg.fb34241f80948aea8079a235194290a1.jpg

Edited by Mysticalmother
Technology!

Which cabin have you been allocated our last Superiour De luxe which was an upgrade was E725, it was a shower only.

Any D Deck (MID SHIP) Superior Deluxe Cabin we have been in has always had a bath with a shower over :) must be different on E Deck:)

We have just returned from the 25 hen nights (!) on board 2 night trip to Zeebrugge and we had D708 and parents had D706. We spent the time with the balcony dividers open between both cabins as we were lucky with the weather and it gave us relative peace from the mayhem that was going on around the rest of the ship.

The cabin has a bath with shower over and a 3 seater sofa (rock hard) which converts into a bed if needed. The room door is immediately in front of the lift area so don't keep your cabin door open for any reason as everyone coming out of the lift will see into the room. Parents have had a room near the lifts before on QM2 and hated the noise but said this was much quieter and were pleasantly surprised - they felt the soundproofing of the rooms were better than on the QM2 so that's a real bonus.

On the 2 nights, we were given a bottle of sparkling wine on arrival, a box of belgian chocolates (most of them hazlenut flavour), slippers and dressing gowns. The balconies are fully overlooked, which didn't bother us but could bother some people.

We were allocated freedom dining and found the best way to get to Cinnamon was to walk from our aft lifts to midships and go directly down as to get there from the aft lifts was not as straightforward.

Enjoy the room, it's more spacious than the normal balconies.

Edited by Lynnewob

We have just returned from the 25 hen nights (!) on board 2 night trip to Zeebrugge and we had D708 and parents had D706. We spent the time with the balcony dividers open between both cabins as we were lucky with the weather and it gave us relative peace from the mayhem that was going on around the rest of the ship.

The cabin has a bath with shower over and a 3 seater sofa (rock hard) which converts into a bed if needed. The room door is immediately in front of the lift area so don't keep your cabin door open for any reason as everyone coming out of the lift will see into the room. Parents have had a room near the lifts before on QM2 and hated the noise but said this was much quieter and were pleasantly surprised - they felt the soundproofing of the rooms were better than on the QM2 so that's a real bonus.

On the 2 nights, we were given a bottle of sparkling wine on arrival, a box of belgian chocolates (most of them hazlenut flavour), slippers and dressing gowns. The balconies are fully overlooked, which didn't bother us but could bother some people.

We were allocated freedom dining and found the best way to get to Cinnamon was to walk from our aft lifts to midships and go directly down as to get there from the aft lifts was not as straightforward.

Enjoy the room, it's more spacious than the normal balconies.

Thanks for posting, what luck your parents being in our future cabin. Sounds like no flowers, fruit or canapés as a short cruise? I wonder if four nights will still be classed as too short? So excited which our cabin allocation. Hoping for freedom dining as that would just be perfect!

Edited by Jo and Rob

We like the space in Azura 's Superior de luxe. We don 't even mind being overlooked....both times have been on D deck. Never found much of an audience looking down on us!! Just the odd person like me enjoying coffee in the morning and cocktail of an evening. Same again on May 8th. Hooray!! Have a great time and let us know what you think.

Edited by Elviex

We've been on D deck on Azura and did have a bath. Liked the open balcony and wasn't bothered about it being overlooked. Like the little touches like fizz, canapés, binocs etc. Enjoy. Next in D403 on 22nd May. Can't wait

On our 7 day fjords trip we got the champagne, chocolates, fruitbowl binoculars, bathrobes and slippers as above......and the canapes were very nice chocolate dipped strawberries, which appeared on the second formal night

• 4 weeks later...
On our 7 day fjords trip we got the champagne, chocolates, fruitbowl binoculars, bathrobes and slippers as above......and the canapes were very nice chocolate dipped strawberries, which appeared on the second formal night

I imagine we might not get the canapés as there is only one formal night but I can always hope!!